Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 3:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greek Tragedy ( Capitalism in crisis....again! )
RE: Greek Tragedy ( Capitalism in crisis....again! )
void Wrote:If that is the case then you need to explain why Greece, given the specifics of it's situation, is in a much worse situation considering the ratios between income, expenses and tax are comparable. If you're conclusion has anything to do with the pathetic state of their productive sector relative to other nations then you've essentially come full circle in proving my point that tax is but a distraction for really understanding the problems they face and why they happened.
That isnt really the message that I am getting from you. Your first paragraph has you saying that "What they need is to be given back their incomes" sounds a HELL OF A LOT like saying that taxes are the problem in Greece. If tax is a distraction from really understanding the problems in greece, then why is your proposed solution for Greece "giving back their incomes"? I sure hope you arent playing word games with me.
I dont care what other Progressives say..I am an independent Progressive.

void Wrote:It's a fucking win win win win win. If you think the solution is taxing people more you're frankly bonkers
WOW! You mean nobody will fail? Its a "win win win win win" situation? Everyone will get back their money..which I am assuming you mean that the health and retirement (what you wrongly call "entitlements") will be shut down / defunded, and they will all win? Everyone will be able to successfully save their money and invest in their own health and welfare and everyone will "win win win win win" and anyone who thinks the solution is taxing people (not raising taxes..but taxes PERIOD!) is absolutely crazy?
I must be bonkers for being EXTREMELY skeptical of this hypothetical "win win win win win" situation.

What about the loosers?
void Wrote:You've still not addressed it!

Look, I'll ask again for clarity:

If you believe that the cause of the Greek problem is the tax ratios (including exemptions) but there are many nations with relatively similar tax systems to Greece who are doing relatively well then you have failed to identify or fully explain any real cause for the situation.

Do you agree with that?

If that is the case then you need to explain why Greece, given the specifics of it's situation, is in a much worse situation considering the ratios between income, expenses and tax are comparable. If you're conclusion has anything to do with the pathetic state of their productive sector relative to other nations then you've essentially come full circle in proving my point that tax is but a distraction for really understanding the problems they face and why they happened.
I think ONE of the problems with Greece is their tax system/exemptions... if my numbers were correct, that is...but how can you say other countries have relatively the same tax system when me and you have both concluded that we cannot know for a fact at this moment what the Greek tax system even is? Perhaps you could give me a list of such countries who mimic greece's tax systems ( and deductions as well) with examples and maybe you could convince me you are in the right direction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greek Tragedy ( Capitalism in crisis....again! ) - by reverendjeremiah - July 7, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about the immigration crisis? FlatAssembler 37 4554 February 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: highdimensionman
  [Serious] The Mental Health Crisis T.J. 14 1359 December 1, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] The Mental Illness Crisis in America T.J. 9 1169 August 19, 2019 at 12:03 am
Last Post: AFTT47
Video "Capitalism" is Magic! Sal 0 258 April 5, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Death by capitalism (the meme thread) Foxaèr 40 3844 November 1, 2018 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  IS There Anyone Who Thinks The WLB Has The Smarts To Deal With This Looming Crisis? Minimalist 2 472 December 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Pyongyang/Why capitalism isn't a form of gov. Brian37 29 2868 April 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Refugee crisis BrokenQuill92 19 1863 July 27, 2016 at 1:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Thoughts on migrant crisis and Islam. paulpablo 21 4716 November 17, 2015 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Do We Blame the President for Economic Crisis? Rhondazvous 21 3422 November 16, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome