Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pyongyang/Why capitalism isn't a form of gov.
Pyongyang/Why capitalism isn't a form of gov.
The company "GoPro" was granted special permission by the NK government according to the video if you chose to watch it. I only got 7 minutes into it, and admittedly it is boring, no commentary, good or bad, just a camera recording on a vehicle with I am sure a  handler watching the crew given permission to record. 

But, pay close attention, to every detail, not the humans, but everything you see, from the buildings, to the street lights to the cars, to the city buss's

. Someone had to build those things, someone even had to paint the road arrows and crosswalks. Now if anyone thinks that is not done by private business, they are FUCKING IDIOTS. The difference between the North Korea and the more open west, are whom controls the private industry. In the case of North Korea, party leaders and the family have the MONOPOLY. 

The other funny thing about theists is they like painting "the other" as being different. Ok, well if you don't want to watch the entire video, at least skip to the 6 minute 30 seconds in, and you will see, all be it late, the BUS DRIVER turn his signal on to warn those behind him he was changing lanes. Now if your fellow human is so evil, then why does he do that? Why have crosswalks if the "other" are evil. No, their population isn't evil, their leaders are.
RE: Pyongyang/Why capitalism isn't a form of gov.
...Are you implying that NK is an example of capitalism run amok?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(April 19, 2017 at 2:06 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: ...Are you implying that NK is an example of capitalism run amok?

Greed run amok. You cant get rid of the private sector, but party family monopoly is simply a concentration of wealth to one party/family. Private industry built that city, just like any city friend or foe. The only difference is how many benefit from it. In the case of North Korea's population, only party loyalists, and the further you leave that city, the worse it gets for more. But even in that city, notice how few cars there were? That is not because the vehicles are state made, or the buss's either, they look to be privately made and shipped in. Unless you kiss Un's ass, you wont get anywhere, but he and his family are RICH and so are the party leaders.

Those cars look company diverse, even the few you see, and so do the buses.
(April 19, 2017 at 2:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 19, 2017 at 2:06 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: ...Are you implying that NK is an example of capitalism run amok?

Greed run amok. You cant get rid of the private sector, but party family monopoly is simply a concentration of wealth to one party/family. Private industry built that city, just like any city friend or foe. The only difference is how many benefit from it. In the case of North Korea's population, only party loyalists, and the further you leave that city, the worse it gets for more. But even in that city, notice how few cars there were? That is not because the cares are state made, or the buss's either, they look to be privately made and shipped in. Unless you kiss Un's ass, you wont get anywhere, but he and his family are RICH and so are the party leaders.

Sure...but that's not capitalism.  Capitalism as an ideology has its share of flaws and should be discussed/criticized as such, but the title of this thread seems a little disingenuous.
- Thomas Jefferson
Why do you constantly create threads ranting about random subjects? I struggle to follow what you're saying most of the time. Pyongyang is a city for the privileged elite and those deemed loyal by the regime - the rest of the country is very different.
(April 19, 2017 at 2:18 pm)Isis Wrote: Why do you constantly create threads ranting about random subjects?  

Hey, it's his job.  Big Grin

BTW, I was in Moscow in 1976 and they had all kinds of stuff private firms do in capitalist countries. I wonder how that stuff got done?
(April 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(April 19, 2017 at 2:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Greed run amok. You cant get rid of the private sector, but party family monopoly is simply a concentration of wealth to one party/family. Private industry built that city, just like any city friend or foe. The only difference is how many benefit from it. In the case of North Korea's population, only party loyalists, and the further you leave that city, the worse it gets for more. But even in that city, notice how few cars there were? That is not because the cares are state made, or the buss's either, they look to be privately made and shipped in. Unless you kiss Un's ass, you wont get anywhere, but he and his family are RICH and so are the party leaders.

Sure...but that's not capitalism.  Capitalism as an ideology has its share of flaws and should be discussed/criticized as such, but the title of this thread seems a little disingenuous.

NO it is not. On a planet of 7 billion does anyone think humans don't, or should not seek resources? Do you really think it is pragmatic to think you can get rid of the private sector? China allows private businesses. The Saudi Royal Family owns oil and stocks in banks and weapons. Fidel Catro had personal wealth estimated to be $800,000,000. Gadaffi was a dictator yes, and also owned stock in GE.

The root of "capitalism" merely means to "capitalize" or "take advantage of" and all humans seek to take advantage of resources. The only difference between the more open west and a closed theocracy or dictatorship like North Korea are who controls the market. There is not one nation, friend or foe alike that does not invest in the global market. The only issue is which portion of the population and how much of the population benefits. 

China IS a capitalist country, it is simply a authoritarian capitalist country. Saudi Arabia is also a capitalist authoritarian theocracy. North Korea's capitalism is mainly done through blackmail of the rest of the world and they get paid off just like a maffia boss shakes down a business to get protection money. 

I hate The Un family and their political system, but they make money too, if they did not, they could not pay armies to protect the family/party.
Hehe.  Way way back in day we used to smuggle shit into the soviet union, on the notion that if they saw our dishwashers, they'd abandon their political system.  To some extent, we were right.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 19, 2017 at 2:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Sure...but that's not capitalism.  Capitalism as an ideology has its share of flaws and should be discussed/criticized as such, but the title of this thread seems a little disingenuous.

NO it is not. On a planet of 7 billion does anyone think humans don't, or should not seek resources? Do you really think it is pragmatic to think you can get rid of the private sector? China allows private businesses. The Saudi Royal Family owns oil and stocks in banks and weapons. Fidel Catro had personal wealth estimated to be $800,000,000. Gadaffi was a dictator yes, and also owned stock in GE.

The root of "capitalism" merely means to "capitalize" or "take advantage of" and all humans seek to take advantage of resources. The only difference between the more open west and a closed theocracy or dictatorship like North Korea are who controls the market. There is not one nation, friend or foe alike that does not invest in the global market. The only issue is which portion of the population and how much of the population benefits. 

China IS a capitalist country, it is simply a authoritarian capitalist country. Saudi Arabia is also a capitalist authoritarian theocracy. North Korea's capitalism is mainly done through blackmail of the rest of the world and they get paid off just like a maffia boss shakes down a business to get protection money. 

I hate The Un family and their political system, but they make money too, if they did not, they could not pay armies to protect the family/party.

So...what does this thread have to do with capitalism, as in its title?
- Thomas Jefferson
Quote: but party family monopoly is simply a concentration of wealth to one party/family.

We have the same fucking problem here.....

[Image: trump-family-presidential-candidate.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4476 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
Video "Capitalism" is Magic! Sal 0 223 April 5, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Sal
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2554 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Death by capitalism (the meme thread) Foxaèr 40 3536 November 1, 2018 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Yeah...Trumps bigotry isn't hurting us at all GODZILLA 15 2162 May 20, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Isn't it just incredible NuclearEnergy 19 3726 June 28, 2017 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  America isn't the greatest... Foxaèr 18 3582 November 10, 2016 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  No It Isn't, Asswipe. Minimalist 32 2650 October 19, 2016 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Joods
  Here's why European unity isn't such a bad idea abaris 31 4233 May 30, 2016 at 11:46 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  People this isn't hard… BrokenQuill92 41 4974 April 11, 2016 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: brewer