Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 3:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Highest Authority You Recognize?
RE: What is the Highest Authority You Recognize?
(April 21, 2017 at 4:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 21, 2017 at 4:07 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Prooftexting and inventing a strawman does not equal bupkiss!
And I don't care how long you've been playing candyland, what you are doing is not debate or discussion.  Just re-enforcing the your delusions, with the voice's in your head.

If you want to discuss, I'm happy to - but you need to listen and respond to what is said.

Sorry, my refusing to walk down your Yellow Brick Road and cutting to the core of the arguments I get from every religion does make it a "straw man". 

You don't want to "discuss" you want to sell, you simply try to convince yourself that a "discussion" is all you are doing. 

Yea and again, we also have Muslims here on this site that also claim they are only "discussing" or "debating" take your pick. How many people of other religions do you "discuss" with, or do you mainly "discuss" with atheists?

You have  product you are selling, stop lying to me trying to pretend that is not what you are doing.

You call it a "discussion" with us here, but I bet you peddle your product in not only other threads but in your own real personal life too.

EVERY RELIGION IN THE WORLD argues like this.

1. I got it right.
2. My religious history is long.
3. My religion is popular.
4. My holy writing says.
5. My holy person says.
6. My club has a history of discoveries.
7. My religion matches science.

Now please tell me what I have left out that you have not argued because  you do think you got it right otherwise you would not be here even "discussing" you would be seeking answers elsewhere.

I bet you don't have "discussions" with many Hindus or Buddhists or Jews or Muslims do you?

How about you discuss your "position" with a variety of religions for a few years first before you stupidly assume I don't know what you are doing.

I would suggest you start a thread of your own, if you want to discuss the logic of your assertions here. Rather than spamming and trolling every other thread, with non-sense.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Highest Authority You Recognize? - by RoadRunner79 - April 21, 2017 at 4:57 pm
RE: What is the Highest Authority You Recognize? - by Sal - April 21, 2017 at 8:17 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Blacks have superior dicks, then explain highest risk of infecting AIDS Konboa 8 1333 September 5, 2018 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  The Highest Rank of "Moron" Minimalist 2 482 October 10, 2017 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Your internet privacy is now for sale to the highest bidder in Trumpistan Jackalope 60 6488 March 30, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  NI election turnout highest since Good Friday Agreement account_inactive 1 672 March 4, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  I think I'm starting to recognize the real issue with American politics now NuclearEnergy 24 5570 January 15, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Illinois to become 15th state to recognize marriage equality Ryantology 155 31373 February 14, 2014 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Minimalist