Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Highest Authority You Recognize?
RE: What is the Highest Authority You Recognize?
(April 21, 2017 at 4:06 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(April 21, 2017 at 3:57 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What is your point, because you don't like that we would agree that it is wrong to torture babies, we do agree that it is wrong to torture babies.

But it isn't wrong just because everyone has the same subjective opinion, is it? It's wrongness is an absolute moral fact. Thus, if there is one moral fact then morality is not entirely subjective.

Other mammals protect their young too. See you are so stuck on the bullshit idea that morality is handed down to humans from above. But guess what male lions and Zebras do? They murder the young of rivals and even ones born from their own females that another rival made by sneaking in sex behind the dominate male's back.

And in antiquity in both polytheism and monotheism the rival tribes when they defeated another, would either take the kids as slaves, use the girls to reproduce and what they didn't want they murdered. That is why the Egyptian myth of God killing off the first born exists. Not because it is a true story, but that is what humans did back then. It is also why the flood myth has all the families besides the Noah Family dying. 

And even today, while most humans DONT hurt their young or the young of others, more conservative families in the world in multiple religions do still consider it their right to abuse their children by beating them. It wasn't really considered a public issue when a kid was abused until the 1970s in America. Back when I was growing up if you saw a parent beating their kid it was considered a family matter.  And why? Because that is centuries of humans having a mostly authoritarian view, just like polytheism and monotheism of antiquity.

We don't value violence to children now because the pediatric and psychiatric community know far better now how kids behave and respond to life. 

I am sure you glossed over the verses in your book that has God telling his followers to keep the defeated's children as a bounty and the girls as prizes in war. I am sure you read that part didn't you?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Highest Authority You Recognize? - by Sal - April 21, 2017 at 8:17 am
RE: What is the Highest Authority You Recognize? - by Brian37 - April 21, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Blacks have superior dicks, then explain highest risk of infecting AIDS Konboa 8 1333 September 5, 2018 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  The Highest Rank of "Moron" Minimalist 2 482 October 10, 2017 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Your internet privacy is now for sale to the highest bidder in Trumpistan Jackalope 60 6489 March 30, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  NI election turnout highest since Good Friday Agreement account_inactive 1 672 March 4, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  I think I'm starting to recognize the real issue with American politics now NuclearEnergy 24 5570 January 15, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Illinois to become 15th state to recognize marriage equality Ryantology 155 31373 February 14, 2014 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Minimalist