Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 9:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think religion is holding society back?
RE: Do you think religion is holding society back?
(June 27, 2017 at 5:53 pm)Godscreated Wrote: He believed in Jesus as the creator so Jesus was all over his work, he knew he was showing what Jesus had done.
Seems to me all he showed was what he had done.  Which portions, of newtons work, if you had to guess...were jesus?  

Quote:Love, compassion, hope, comfort, reading of the scriptures to those who want it, all highly effect medicines, those same things my wife as a nurse uses to help people to recover.
"Quick, quick, nurse, this man is going into cardiac arrest, get me the love, compassion, hope, and comfort.  Make sure we say the magic words first.  His life depends on it!"
-said no competent surgeon, ever.  

I doubt that their reputation in providing medicine has anything at all to do with reading people fairytales by the bedside.

Quote:You need to go and study history pal, and if you do please learn something.

GC

I tried, but all christianity gave us was this bible....so?   Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think religion is holding society back? - by The Grand Nudger - June 27, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Buddhism is pro intellectualism? Woah0 5 664 September 6, 2022 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 5345 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1826 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 3060 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6238 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Do you think aliens made us Roberto 73 11949 January 25, 2018 at 5:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Really makes you think Astonished 7 2003 September 25, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Do you think that this old hag considers herself a Good Christian? NuclearEnergy 9 2640 July 22, 2017 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What do you think of this argument for God? SuperSentient 140 19491 March 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  what do you folks think about this religion? tigerlove 18 1935 December 8, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: chimp3