Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 1:28 am

Poll: So would you support the choice?
This poll is closed.
I hereby wholeheartedly put forth my support(that'll be 3 dollars)
31.58%
6 31.58%
No, I don't support it, I'll give my reasons below.
15.79%
3 15.79%
Everything is fine the way it is right now.
15.79%
3 15.79%
This poll is rigged, man. Fuck polls.
36.84%
7 36.84%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My question to pro-choice supporters
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters
(July 5, 2017 at 11:41 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I believe the whole "child support" thing came about because of the primitive 50's thinking that women should stay home, raise the kids, and not work.

With modern feminism, the goddamn woman can take care of herself and the child without any assistance from the man.

It's not all black and white. What if the parents planned the baby together and she was a stay at home mom to take care of it. Now she is out of the work force for years and suddenly the father decides he wants a divorce and wants the mom to have custody. That's what happened to my best friend. She quit her job at his insistence and took care of their son. Later it's found out the guy was cheating and he ended up leaving my friend. The friend had to pick up and move back across the country to live with her parents until she could get her feet on the ground. Luckily her parents helped her a lot. What if she hadn't had them to help? Child support is needed and not just to let women be lazy. Plus taking care of a child by yourself is a lot harder than taking care of one with help. If the guy said he would help at the time of pregnancy he should pay child support. It's not outdated. Dodgy

(July 5, 2017 at 11:46 pm)Aliza Wrote: The only problem here is that you've removed all accountability for the man. Now he can go and impregnate a bunch of women and leave them holding the bag. I think we should be putting our efforts into creating male birth control rather than giving them a convenient out when they screw up and knock some chick up. There are men (I've uh... "met" many of them personally), who would love to germinate the female population with as much seed as they could if they could just opt out of the whole payment and responsibility thing.

You are acting like women just fall over in bed and open their legs. As long as it isn't rape then the women are just as much to blame for all those pregnancies as he is. A women can easily protect herself from just being seeded by saying no to a man that refuses to wear a condom.

(July 6, 2017 at 12:10 am)Astonished Wrote: As a child forced to grow up in a single parent household without ever knowing a father and desperately wanting one, and having to endure extreme poverty as a result, that anyone could possibly think it's even remotely okay not to hold a biological father accountable for anything is absolutely vomit-inducing. How is there zero empathy or thought being put into this in the first few posts here?

Mmmm k yeah my dad knocked my mom up, shot gun wedding, was married for two years, and then left us and married another women. The first few years of my life were in a mobile home in the backwoods of Georgia. My mom raised herself in the military as a single mom (very hard because the military makes you make plans to give up your child if you are sent anywhere the kid can't go) Instead of saying he would take me he let her risk losing me to her parents. Luckily her first solo station was Germany and I could go with. We moved across the world and the next time I was able to see my father was for his funeral. If he didn't want me so be it, I won't sit here and feel like I am at fault here. My mom wanted me enough to not abort me and that's enough for me. She wasn't around much because of how hard she had to work but I know she did everything for us kids (she ended up remarrying and I now have two sisters) Just because you are given a shitty hand doesn't mean the rest of the country and logic should suffer for it. If the mom can decide to abort then the father should be able to give up the kid. Better off without the asshole dad than living with someone that resents you I say.

(July 6, 2017 at 2:00 am)Aliza Wrote:
(July 6, 2017 at 1:10 am)Losty Wrote: Yes I fully support the idea that a man should be able to opt out of parenthood within whatever same time frame a woman is allowed to opt for an abortion.

What if he does that to 15 or 20 women? 100 women? If he has no culpability at all to be responsible for the children he creates, then what's to stop him from running around and fulfilling his biological desire to maximize his reproductive opportunities?

Women are biologically inclined to want to have babies (at least I am once a month when I ovulate), and the big thing that prevents me from having a dozen babies is the time and money I'm not willing to freely invest in them. Women are flooded with hormones to make them bond with the growing fetuses in their wombs, so once they find out they're pregnant, they're already under the influence of some powerful hormones biologically designed to sabotage what may have been their previous desire to remain childless. -Adding to that, women do not get unlimited abortions without impacting their future fertility and chance of successfully carrying a baby to term when they're ready to have one. We don't just get to make 100 babies and terminate them all and expect that our bodies will recover each and every time. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ncies.html

Men are affected by no such hormonal change and their biological drive to reproduce will no longer be tempered by a dose of reality by having to be responsible for the lives they create.

From the King and I:

A girl must be like a blossom
With honey for just one man.
A man must be like honey bee
And gather all he can.
To fly from blossom to blossom
A honey bee must be free,
But blossom must not ever fly
From bee to bee to bee.

Hmmmm, after thought. Who pays for the kids of the women who don't happen to be higher powered CEO's who can afford nannies and house keepers? If the mother gets knocked up by 5 different guys, and none of them are paying for their children or helping her in anyway, it seems to me that the bill is getting footed by the tax payers, because right or wrong, we're not going to let the children suffer from the selfish idiocy of their parents.

Again these comments are acting like women don't have rights, can't say no to unprotected sex, and are just mind controlled baby makers. Hormones will NOT force women to have children.

(July 6, 2017 at 7:30 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Human biology makes pregnancy an inequitable situation for both sexes. Guys don't get fair choices. Too fucking Bad! Neither do the gals. Grow up.

Lets say they both want the child, does the woman get the choice of having the man being pregnant? Nope. Does the woman get to scream That's Not Fair! Nope. 

If he does not want to child and she does, he still has an equal responsibility for that life. If he want's to opt out he can, but that should come with a price. 

Guys, if you don't ever want to be in that situation, then you know what to do. Keep it wrapped, get cut, don't partake or butt fuck. I guess you could start having sex outside the species.

Seriously, I've tried to give all the pain and sickness that is coming with this pregnancy to my husband. I have on more than one occasion said it wasn't fair. lol Then again I said the same thing when I used to get cramps from my period. Man, guys have it easy... Although I have to give my guy kudos cause he does a lot to make up for it. When I don't feel well he honestly seems upset that he can't fix it for me and he is always cleaning and cooking so I don't have to. Still, it would be nice to be like ya know what? This baby is making me sick, you carry it for awhile.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Messages In This Thread
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 5, 2017 at 11:28 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Aroura - July 5, 2017 at 11:34 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by vorlon13 - July 5, 2017 at 11:56 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Jesster - July 5, 2017 at 11:40 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 5, 2017 at 11:41 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Aliza - July 5, 2017 at 11:46 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 5, 2017 at 11:48 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Jesster - July 5, 2017 at 11:52 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 5, 2017 at 11:56 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Jesster - July 6, 2017 at 12:00 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Aliza - July 6, 2017 at 8:13 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 6, 2017 at 12:09 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by ignoramus - July 6, 2017 at 12:22 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 6, 2017 at 12:26 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 6, 2017 at 12:41 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Losty - July 6, 2017 at 1:10 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Aliza - July 6, 2017 at 2:00 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Losty - July 6, 2017 at 3:26 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by bennyboy - July 7, 2017 at 5:06 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 7, 2017 at 5:08 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by brewer - July 6, 2017 at 7:30 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by bennyboy - July 6, 2017 at 8:51 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by mlmooney89 - July 6, 2017 at 10:41 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by brewer - July 6, 2017 at 12:42 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Amarok - July 6, 2017 at 8:55 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Seraphina - July 6, 2017 at 10:38 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Amarok - July 7, 2017 at 5:26 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by GUBU - July 7, 2017 at 7:46 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Amarok - July 7, 2017 at 3:16 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 7, 2017 at 3:19 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Losty - July 7, 2017 at 3:24 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 7, 2017 at 3:36 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Losty - July 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 7, 2017 at 3:40 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Angrboda - July 7, 2017 at 6:49 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Losty - July 7, 2017 at 7:15 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by bennyboy - July 7, 2017 at 8:04 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by bennyboy - July 8, 2017 at 2:08 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by bennyboy - July 8, 2017 at 8:04 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Dropship - July 8, 2017 at 7:54 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by chimp3 - July 8, 2017 at 8:58 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 8, 2017 at 9:00 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by chimp3 - July 8, 2017 at 9:17 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by chimp3 - July 8, 2017 at 4:00 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 8, 2017 at 9:21 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by chimp3 - July 8, 2017 at 9:33 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Aliza - July 8, 2017 at 10:50 am
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by brewer - July 8, 2017 at 2:13 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Aliza - July 8, 2017 at 2:05 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Losty - July 8, 2017 at 5:04 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Aliza - July 8, 2017 at 5:55 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Losty - July 8, 2017 at 6:34 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Aliza - July 8, 2017 at 4:19 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by Foxaèr - July 8, 2017 at 11:28 pm
RE: My question to pro-choice supporters - by bennyboy - July 9, 2017 at 3:08 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assisted suicide and pro abortion. ignoramus 17 1916 June 20, 2019 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Loosening my pro choice stance. 1994Californication 47 8779 March 14, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Pro-choice - I need help with arguments Dystopia 25 5905 January 8, 2015 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: dyresand