Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary?
RE: If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary?
(July 31, 2017 at 4:08 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
Godscreated Wrote: Because the atheist here have said many times that a good Christian is one who doesn't bothers others with their beliefs.

GC

That's not what makes someone a good Christian. Not nagging and haranguing people who would otherwise be minding their own business is part of what goes into making someone a tolerable person. Not a good person, a tolerable one. Good people can be annoying as all get out, but the ones who are get little traction in attracting people to their point of view. Tolerable people may just be apathetic, or nasty and twisted in minor ways that they're good at hiding. Or major ways if they're REALLY good at hiding it. Of course an intolerably annoying Bible thumper can also be appalling in other ways that they manage to hide. There is no shortage of hard-core preachers who turn out to have bizarre, criminal, or just ironic (as in them doing what they've specifically been preaching against) skeletons in their closets.

You're right but I wonder about those (as you call them) hard-core preachers. I see preachers on the tube that I have great concerns about, I wonder if they are atheist trying to make a dollar off weak Christians. What you or anyone else thinks about me personally doesn't matter to me, why, because I know that my stance for Christ would result in that very thing. Case in point a person I was friends with for over 40 years turned his back on me and as far as I'm concerned he lost a friend that would and do many things for him. The sacrifice is hard but in the long run will be worth it.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? - by Godscreated - July 31, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14495 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 17412 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1640 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 12516 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 59346 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4780 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6898 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4624 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 4855 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9368 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII