Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God?

We are all either using religious or secular moral codes to live by; based on faith, fantasy, facts, or our imagined gods?

As we live and learn, we decide which of the above should take first place as reality and we decide to be believers in a supernatural or fantasy-based god or not.

Religion Has No Earthly Purpose, So Why Do We Cling to It? | Reza Aslan - YouTube

We only have mythos and logos to answer the question, is God real?

Books of wisdom, the bible and Qur’an being pathetic late commers, ask us to come and reason about God, yet most come to do long winded, bla bla bla posts, and quote others, and thus do not learn how to reason.

Reason has lost, but what do you think will win the God war? Faith, fantasy, facts, or our imagined Gods?

I say my God. I am.

Regards
DL
RE: What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God?
At work.

Coffee
(December 7, 2020 at 3:08 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Books of wisdom, the bible and Qur’an being pathetic late commers,

Please help me reach your conclusion about the Qur'an. I'll wait.
Faith, fantasy and God are so interrelated that they should really be counted together. 

Not really sure what you mean by ‘the god wars’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 7, 2020 at 5:08 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:
(December 7, 2020 at 3:08 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Books of wisdom, the bible and Qur’an being pathetic late commers,

I'm still waiting for you to stop avoiding me.

(December 7, 2020 at 5:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Faith, fantasy and God are so interrelated that they should really be counted together. 

Not really sure what you mean by ‘the god wars’.

Boru

In pre-time there was a 100 diety battle royal. It lasted 30 millennia before FSM emerged as the sole winner to create our universe.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

We imbue gods with our best and our worst impulses. They are an extension of us because we created them. They can serve whatever purpose we desire.

For leaders, the purpose of a god is to provide the leader with legitimacy and power. Therefore, the god that provides the most power to a despot who either takes over the world, or destroys it, will win.

Sadly, I don't think mankind will ever outgrow gods. As long as leaders need a god, they will create priests to push them on people, and blasphemy laws to protect the priests.
(December 7, 2020 at 5:08 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:

The koran was written several centuries after the bible was written.

The bible was written several centuries after the Jewish myths from which the two later books were adapted, were compiled into a book.
Dying to live, living to die.
I've heard rumors that Aslan is amassing weapons of mass destruction so maybe he'll win if he brings enough Sasquatch's to the melee battle after thinning the angels down with his WMD. Poseidon might get it if everything hinges on naval battles. That Kraken is a doozy! But then again I saw a documentary where a dude defeated it with the severed head of Medusa! Although, now that I think of it this would all play out in the tear duct of Bahamut so maybe he'll win?
(December 7, 2020 at 3:08 pm)Greatest I am Wrote:  
Religion Has No Earthly Purpose, So Why Do We Cling to It? | Reza Aslan - YouTube

Religion does have an earthly purpose. It has several. That's why it's lasted.
(December 7, 2020 at 6:53 pm)Belacqua Wrote:
(December 7, 2020 at 3:08 pm)Greatest I am Wrote:  

Religion does have an earthly purpose. It has several. That's why it's lasted.

Chlamydia has also lasted.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12415 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11009 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 57990 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4273 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  why faith fails Drich 43 4288 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22778 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 36969 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Exclamation The blind trust can lead to faith theBorg 63 8524 August 17, 2016 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does Pope Francis have a fantasy-prone personality disorder? Jehanne 117 16537 August 15, 2016 at 5:30 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Charged for "faith healing" over medical care Foxaèr 18 5016 October 16, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet