Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White supremacists and counter protesters clash in Charlottesville
RE: White supremacists and counter protesters clash in Charlottesville
(August 14, 2017 at 12:33 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote:
(August 14, 2017 at 12:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: HOLY FUCKING SHIT...... Um the South supported slavery not the North, now you tell me how that is not a violation of the civil rights of blacks? Why the fuck are you so damned bent on supporting that?

I COULD GIVE A SHIT LESS if you are going to argue legality. Still a huge difference between legal and moral. PERIOD!

You think just because it wasn't a war with mass gassing of blacks makes it less cruel, because it wasn't Jews? GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP DEFENDING IT.

By your logic anyone who wants a Nazi flag on public property if enough people want it they should have one. NO AND FUCK YOU.

"Blacks were not gassed in ovens, so slavery was ok." Now if that is not what you defend then just admit the statues should not be there. 

There is absolutely no lagit reason for any promotion of slavery on public property outside a museum of what not to do with your fellow human beings. Otherwise I will assume you do support slavery, so if you don't just fucking drop your argument. I could give a shit less if you want to argue legality.
Brian fuck you, I have asked now for the 3rd time to stop misrepresenting my position you angry dishonest little prick. I know the south supported slavery, I was pointing out that our laws do not grant the right to put up only statues of union soldiers. Towns are allowed to display monuments of statues that relate to the history of the town the people can vote whether or not they want these statues and that is a process that I support. I do not support your position that is a part of history that is embarrassing or immoral it shouldn't be displayed or worse should be forced by law not to be displayed.

(August 14, 2017 at 12:25 pm)Kosh Wrote: Nah, that's not it at all.  In its simplest sense of the word, he was a traitor.   You don't see any statues of Jefferson Davis in DC?

Even if that is true..  Does that matter?  It almost makes it worse that he couldn't be bothered to stand up for what he thought was right regarding slavery.
I was referring to things like the Jefferson memorial and displays of the constitution which was signed by men who owned slaves and included no laws to protect against slavery.

You, "Mommy mommy, why cant we treat what the South did as equally as moral as what the North did?"

BECAUSE THE SOUTH SUPPORTED KEEPING SLAVERY FUCKFACE!

So you are right, but what the fuck does that have to do with the Civil War. You know what would have happened if the founders had pushed for Abolition, they would have either been drummed out of office or lynched. And yes some of the founders were Abolitionists. So the fuck what?

The Founders owned slaves yes no shit asshole. But we are not talking about the founders, we are talking about the side of a war that defended keeping slavery. The founders shouldn't have owned slaves either, so? That does not make what the South wanted in fighting to keep it moral.

Nobody is talking about justifying even the founders owning slaves so that is not an argument. And nobody is saying erase history. It still remains slavery was wrong. So was denying women the right to vote. So was genocide of native Americans. So was the internment of innocent Japanese during WW2.

"The Founders owned slaves too" is not an argument. No shit, and they were equally as wrong. 

FYI slavery ended in the majority of the North around the time Jefferson had died. Many of the founders were Abolitionists

The beginning of Abolition in the North began as early as 1777..... Advocates included Franklin and Paine.  By 1787 slavery was either outright banned or severely limited.  By 1808 the importation of slaves was outright banned. Point being, the beginning of the end to slavery STILL started in the North. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolitioni...ted_States

Messages In This Thread
RE: White supremacists and counter protesters clash in Charlottesville - by Brian37 - August 14, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat. Nishant Xavier 46 2942 August 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  That pro white thread. TheClearCleanStuff 161 22665 May 5, 2022 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4825 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 3003 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 3101 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Your Villain Is Served - Middle Aged White Man Duty 15 1164 December 27, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1755 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 2127 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  White supremacists protecting Churchill statue get 'that work' in UK Huggy Bear 50 3646 June 16, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  what white supremacists? Drich 150 10261 June 10, 2020 at 2:43 pm