Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat.
Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat.
Indian-American Nikki Haley has a very perceptive understanding of the threat that Communist China poses to the Free World, which includes both the US and India, beside Europe, and all democratic countries everywhere. Democracy is a Good Ideology, not a Geographic Location. The sooner the Free World wakes up to the fact that we are in Cold War 2.0, and the New Evil Empire is Communist China (which doesn't even make a pretext of democracy; yet absurdly is a member of the UN Security Council; as for Russia under Putin, while it does have elections, it's not a true democracy in practice either, as shown by the fact that Putin has thrown Opposition Leader Alexey Navalny in jail, and killed Boris Nemtsov outside the Kremlin sometime ago, while sadly much of the world looked the other way with the classic modern philosophy/religion of I-dont-careism, which we're now regretting), the better for us all. If the UN and the world is to succeed where the League of Nations failed, and WWIII is to be prevented, then this must be done.

Thoughts?

"A few months after I left the United Nations, I gave a speech to the Asian Leadership Conference about communist China. I warned about its growing military power, its aggression and its threat to America’s survival. I urged U.S. leaders to “think about China critically, creatively and courageously.”

From: https://www.wsj.com/articles/my-plan-to-...d-1d5fbda5

The same Governor and former UN Ambassador has also called for a formal US-India Alliance, which I agree with. It's in America's best interest to do so also imo, and would be good for both our countries, the US and India. Because she is an Indian-American, and has experience of both India and America, she has imo a fair perspective of the common threats the world faces both in the Transatlantic region and the Asia-Pacific.

"It’s Time to Formalize an Alliance With India

A U.S.-India alliance would allow both countries to expand their global strength."

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/10/25/us-...ghanistan/
RE: Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat.
I'm not sure of the wisdom of a wannabe autocrat (Haley) countering an actual autocrat (Xi) by cozying up to a de facto autocrat (Modi).

The enemy of your enemy isn't always your friend.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yup, don't support Modi either. Support Rahul Gandhi instead in 2024. Interestingly, all of India, America and Russia has elections next year, 2024. But regardless, the US-India Relationship should continue strong irrespective of who is in office imo. Don't agree with Biden either, because of him being a radical pro-abort, but he's been good on some things, including supporting Ukraine; better than Trump for e.g. who's weak on that, but worse than Haley would be who supports Ukraine even more, and has called for Ukraine becoming a member of NATO ASAP.
I read a bit about her after your post (as a non-American, I don't concern myself much with political second-stringers). I'm not sure her 'experience of India' is all that significant, geopolitically speaking. It looks as though she went there a couple of times as a tourist.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The U S of A should curry favor with India?

Talk about Naan sequitur.
(July 25, 2023 at 7:11 am)no one Wrote: The U S of A should curry favor with India?

Talk about Naan sequitur.

Well played!

Boru
I have my moments.
(July 25, 2023 at 6:30 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: The sooner the Free World wakes up to the fact that we are in Cold War 2.0, and the New Evil Empire is Communist China

A fundie Catholic calling for a crusade. What else is new?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
You're not going to want to remind republicans that she's indian.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well, Republicans would be foolish if they neglected Indian-Americans, given that they have increasingly influential significance and potential to swing an election: "With a population of more than 4.4 million, Indian Americans make up approximately 1.35% of the U.S. population and are the largest group of South Asian Americans and the second-largest group of Asian Americans after Chinese Americans. Indian Americans are the highest-earning ethnic group in the United States." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Americans Most Indians in my opinion prefer free-market policies, with some reasonable, responsible welfare programs - but not adding trillions of dollars to debt with no end in sight, which is ultimately unsustainable imo - so Republicans actually have a very great chance with Indian-Americans as that's their platform. As for Chinese-Americans, most of them also are firmly against the CCP, as finally, in America, they have the freedom to speak out against the Brutal Regime, which they don't have back home in China. I respect America. It's the most prosperous country in the world, with a GDP of nearly 25 Trillion Dollars, and it's done that as Judeo-Christian Democracy unlike Commie Dictatorial China. But some modern policies from poorly trained economically incompetent politicians on both sides have clearly been bad, which Haley has criticized btw.

Yeah, no one, that was a good one.

Brian, ok. It's my understanding she has a good chance to be VP if Republicans win. But we'll see what happens. I think the US-India relationship will continue to be strong no matter who wins because many leaders on both sides of the aisle have finally woken up to its necessity in seriously countering the China Threat. It only took them like 20 years or something, when they gave Most Favored Nation Status to Commie China cluelessly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Foxaèr 32 2258 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1258 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  China is also being shaked Leonardo17 1 365 November 30, 2022 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  George Carlin American Dream vannymanny 6 530 June 29, 2022 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Boeing 737-800 Airliner Crash in China HappySkeptic 0 183 March 21, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Serious] American Congress member speaks about Israeli terrorism against Palestinians WinterHold 5 378 May 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 873 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2174 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  US and Taliban sign deal to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan WinterHold 50 3508 March 8, 2020 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  where is the news of trumps phase 1 china deal? Drich 26 1589 October 26, 2019 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Fireball