Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist?
#24
RE: Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist?
(November 15, 2017 at 1:00 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Not so subtle implication that she is not a free thinker..and is close minded.  Women pick up on passive aggressiveness like that readily, in my experience.  Wink

There's just no "nice" way to tell a person you don't believe in the bullshit they believe in.

You might be right.  However, it is interesting that such an answer would be straightforward and honest from my pov (that is how I would describe myself in a nutshell on such matters), but from another person's pov, it could be easily perceived as negative.











Reply



Messages In This Thread
Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? - by erealmz - November 15, 2017 at 3:03 am
RE: Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? - by Cod - November 15, 2017 at 6:01 am
RE: Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? - by Cod - November 15, 2017 at 6:50 am
RE: Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? - by Kernel Sohcahtoa - November 15, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 6660 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Possible girlfriend?? Manowar 30 10608 July 26, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 213790 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 9809 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 11622 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Don't tell a Religious person "There is no God" Heat 46 16345 October 25, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mikazuki
  Quiet Atheist vs Militant Atheist z7z 62 23478 May 18, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: abentwookie
  How should I go about telling my parents that I'm atheist Ghost2282 12 5497 February 15, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  My girlfriend is a scientologist.... I'm not... Giorgos.vr 31 12245 December 14, 2014 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Who do you tell you are atheist? Sedna 43 15206 October 24, 2014 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Dystopia



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)