Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 1:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves
RE: Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves
(November 20, 2017 at 6:38 pm)speedyj1992 Wrote:
(November 6, 2017 at 6:43 pm)Wololo Wrote: I'm Irish, and I've a very good idea of what it is to live in a country which only accepts one version of christianity as truth.

PS If you think christians are a persecuted group then you've lived a very sheltered and uncurious life.

Ah - I'm very sorry for your exposure to Christianity that has really fallen short of God's glory. There's another comment I left talking about friends I've had and actual news reports of Christians in other countries that are killed for their faith (it's particularly bad in the Middle East). Very unfortunate stuff.

I've received the same "glory of god" as you've had. The only difference between us is I'm not deluding myself into thinking an imaginary friend controls the world.

(November 22, 2017 at 1:43 am)speedyj1992 Wrote:
(November 21, 2017 at 9:28 am)Khemikal Wrote: Ever ordered anyone to engage in ethnic cleansing or sex trafficking?  Would you do either?  If someone brought you her sick kid and asked for tylenol would you question whether her ethnicity disqualified her child from deserving it?  Would you set fire to people who did not pledge loyalty to you?  If you could command bears, would you command them to slaughter children for making fun of a bald mans head?  What are your thoughts on drowning every living creature?  If you could place curses on people, would you?  How likely are you to incite a global xenocidal war?

Some of what you said is somewhat vague in nature, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. In response to what I can tell you ARE referring to:

Noah's flood - from reading Genesis, you can tell that the world was in just the worst place its ever been in. God was under no obligation to let things keep going - I imagine you have a sense of justice, which is great. But God has more mercy than anyone, than EVERYONE, so the flood was done for the purposes of cleansing the world, and notice that the world still goes on today because it wasn't an end. "Every living creature" implies an end that neither of us believe happened, esp. since 2 of every kind went on the ark.

The bears and the youths - What's presented in the Bible in that section is that the youths who make fun of Elijah aren't just your ordinary kids, but actual gang members who were a plague on the city at the time. So they're not as innocent as most people see them as.

Inciting wars - same idea as Noah's ark, except God gave nations chances to turn away from their evil ways repeatedly, and they never did. He just chose to bring about justice through other nations, showing dominion over the hearts of men.

If you want to hear me address your other points, please be a little more specific as to what you're referring to.

Battered wive's syndrome right there.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves - by GUBU - November 22, 2017 at 9:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2318 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 3628 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 706 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 681 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1396 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1134 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2928 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 21398 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Tell us your age with a picture Foxaèr 74 9376 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I will tell you a secret Foxaèr 16 2891 May 2, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13