Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 1:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves
RE: Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves
Quote:Bluntly speaking (and there was another question someone asked that this applies to as well), it doesn't matter whether or not I think it was wrong. 
Sure it does.
Quote:God delivers judgment to whom He will deliver judgment to in the way He will deliver judgment.
Sure, super duper powerful..does what he wants the way he wants to.  Don't exactly have to be a god for this..though, most terrestrial despots fit this description nicely...I'm guessing you have an opinion about the things they do? 

Quote:Not for me to question because God knows more about what someone is truly guilty of than we do, which is why we aren't supposed to be judgmental in situations like this (see Matthew 7:1, and on a bit into the rest of the chapter). 
-and all the infants and ducks and mice of the world were -truly- guilty of something?  

Quote:It's also hard to know when something is the result of God's judgment or sin in the world, which is why I can't stand when some Christians say natural disasters were meant to be judgment for some group of people or another. They have NO way of knowing that and have COMPLETELY missed the point of God being beyond us! Faith in God goes beyond believing in His existence - it means trusting that He's as good as He and the Bible says He is. 
That' a difficult sell, you must realize?  Magic book busily exclaims "god is great!" as the smoke of burning flesh reaches the nostrils of the lord on high.  It seems as if whatever you're talking about when you say "trust" isn't so much trust as it is a complete abdication of moral agency and common human decency. If you believe magic book...then you believe he did that horrible shit for the reasons given in magic book. All of it. If you don't...then you don't believe magic book.....kind of a rock and a hard place.

Quote:Sometimes that means seeing examples of God's judgment and taking a step back from what makes sense to us in the moment, or possibly long-term. Don't get me wrong, I've questioned God's judgment with stuff that you guys have brought up, which I don't think is wrong. What I'm applying more is not immediately saying that God is awful or not real because I don't understand why something happened or because I don't agree with it from my own, HIGHLY limited understanding. Which is really difficult, but also actually very freeing.
O-kay...so, what stuff?  That's what I'm wondering.  Seeing as how you're on-board with the deeply disturbing temper tantrums..are you questioning the poly blend cloth stuff and -not- the ethnic cleansing?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves - by The Grand Nudger - November 26, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2318 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 3628 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 706 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 681 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1396 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1134 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2928 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 21398 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Tell us your age with a picture Foxaèr 74 9376 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I will tell you a secret Foxaèr 16 2891 May 2, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13