Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?)
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?)
(January 1, 2018 at 9:17 pm)Dan Brooks Wrote:
(January 1, 2018 at 12:53 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Weird because cleansing with blood makes about as much sense as cleansing with any other toxic material.

It's symbolic of spiritual cleansing. When we sin, our literal blood becomes corrupted. That's why we all die. Even if someone never gets sick or died in an accident or anything, if they live to be over 100 years old and are still healthy, they will still die. We are born with a sin nature (meaning that at some point, we will sin, it is inevitable), and we are spiritually dead. And once we actually commit a sin, our sin causes us to die physically (eventually.) And if those sins are not remitted, then we will be judged for them and punished for them. 
It takes sinless blood to cleanse us spiritually, since sin is the problem in the first place. So it's a spiritual cleansing, not a physical cleansing. 
Like I said before, all those blood sacrifices were looking forward to what the Messiah would do later on. 
(And I didn't bring this topic up, by the way.)

(January 1, 2018 at 7:10 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: 100% right. I say this having picked the actual right god.

RAmen

I didn't pick the right God. The right God picked me.

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

(January 1, 2018 at 4:37 pm)Astreja Wrote: Your alleged "Messiah" was far from sinless.  In the Gospels he does a great number of despicable things -- Verbally abused a foreign woman, talked back to his mother (clear violation of a commandment there), destroyed a farmer's herd of pigs, assassinated a fig tree, told his disciples to commit Grand Theft Ass and Colt so that he could ride into Jerusalem in style, and told an occasional lie (again, a commandment violation).

Just a narcissistic little brat whose ignominious death at the hands of the Romans was romanticized and mythologized by cultists.

Wow. And people think Christians are brainwashed. Man.

(January 1, 2018 at 3:15 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Scientists don't read books based on authority: they read about what observations have already been made, what experiments have already been done, and the conclusions that other scientists have arrived at.  They then decide whether their OWN observations confirm what those others have done, and if not, they will supplant old theories with new ones.

If God is alive, then you should have some experience of God.  If your only source of knowledge about God is the ancient writings of desert-dwelling Hebrews, then God whether He exists or not is of so little import in our lives that for all practical purposes, he cannot be said to exist.

In short-- if God is real, demonstrate that He matters except as a word to fight about or to pass the money tray about.  Show me this generation's Moses or Abraham, or explain to me why God was so active 3000 years ago but seems so suspiciously like a fairy tale today.

I do have experience with God. He isn't just words on paper to me. And He isn't just some impersonal ethereal being beyond the universe that I don't know from Adam. He has spoken to me many times spiritually. And I mean very specific things, not just a feeling or something. He has confirmed and proven Himself to me. I know that sounds crazy to a lot of people, people to whom that hasn't happened yet. But He can and does do that. And He also confirms His word to be true. I know that isn't everyone's experience, and I'm no better than anyone else. I'm no better than a worm in my opinion. I don't deserve to know God, but I do.

(January 1, 2018 at 1:50 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Why isn't this treatment for leprosy still used today? 

If all were sinners, how do you have sinless blood?

I don't have sinless blood. Jesus does. It's a spiritual cleansing that takes place when we believe on Him and what He did, and that He did it for us personally. We receive Him as our Lord, and our Savior, and He receives us as His children. I know it sounds foolish and ridiculous to people who don't believe it.  But once you do believe it, it's amazing what happens.  The peace you have, the assurance you have, the joy you have. It's pretty much impossible to explain to someone who doesn't believe it.
I think I found my quote in your wall of text, Your completely wrong but I and the real god forgive you.

RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Dan Brooks - December 27, 2017 at 8:34 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by chimp3 - December 27, 2017 at 9:07 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by shadow - December 30, 2017 at 2:37 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by chimp3 - December 30, 2017 at 1:15 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by shadow - December 30, 2017 at 5:51 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Joods - December 28, 2017 at 10:04 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by brewer - December 27, 2017 at 9:30 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Astreja - December 30, 2017 at 12:58 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Fireball - December 27, 2017 at 10:47 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Fireball - December 28, 2017 at 12:09 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by chimp3 - December 27, 2017 at 11:26 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Brian37 - December 28, 2017 at 9:55 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Brian37 - December 28, 2017 at 8:36 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Grandizer - December 28, 2017 at 10:07 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Astreja - December 29, 2017 at 1:30 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by brewer - December 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by brewer - December 28, 2017 at 5:16 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Brian37 - December 28, 2017 at 4:57 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Cyberman - December 30, 2017 at 12:46 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by brewer - December 28, 2017 at 9:58 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by SaStrike - December 28, 2017 at 10:33 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by brewer - December 29, 2017 at 2:30 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by bennyboy - December 30, 2017 at 11:55 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Astreja - December 30, 2017 at 4:59 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Joods - December 29, 2017 at 12:37 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by bennyboy - December 30, 2017 at 11:09 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by bennyboy - December 30, 2017 at 12:16 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by brewer - December 30, 2017 at 1:52 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by GUBU - December 31, 2017 at 1:45 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by GUBU - January 1, 2018 at 2:36 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by Nay_Sayer - January 1, 2018 at 11:37 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by brewer - January 1, 2018 at 11:44 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by brewer - January 2, 2018 at 11:37 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by GUBU - January 4, 2018 at 3:16 am
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by GUBU - January 7, 2018 at 6:20 pm
RE: My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) - by GUBU - January 8, 2018 at 11:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Moral Relativists in the House? vulcanlogician 72 5172 June 21, 2021 at 9:09 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Most Humans Do NOT Have Completely Frree Will Rhondazvous 57 5544 April 20, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why just saying god did it is not a satisfying answer anonymousyam 15 2558 April 3, 2016 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Children not Have Human Rights? Koolay 58 13613 September 23, 2013 at 9:42 am
Last Post: genkaus