Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 3:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verse 42:23 and how to interpret it, disciplines of interpreting Quran.
RE: Verse 42:23 and how to interpret it, disciplines of interpreting Quran.
(January 20, 2018 at 5:54 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(January 20, 2018 at 5:37 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Clearly, you have nothing to show me beyond "believe and you'll see"... just like all other religions.
Which places your particular belief at exactly the same level as all of those.

If you want to really believe that, but I won't confirm it. Rather I testify God proved himself through his proofs and rehearsed his signs unto humans through an instance of his proof.

From my point of view, you are testifying the things that were passed on to you by other people... people you know, people you trust, people... and they got it from other people, who got it from yet other people... and, ultimately, from the people who wrote the book you follow.
People, not any god, are at the heart of this whole ordeal.
Granted, Islam directly states that it was a person that got the revelation and whatnot.... but still.... it was a person!
I cannot trust that person.
I seriously doubt that any god worthy of the name (I know you like god's names) would entrust such an important thing as it's real existence in the hands of one person.
I seriously doubt it would be down to a matter of believing (mimicking all the other preexisting religions)...
I seriously doubt that, if god wanted me to acknowledge its existence, I (and many others) would be left in the dark.
I seriously doubt that, if god wanted me to acknowledge its existence, it would come on a vessel of human origin - book or person.

If god wanted everyone on Earth to acknowledge its existence, god would have made it plain, as plain as gravity. Instead, we have this hodgepodge of competing religions, all based on the exact same premise - belief.

I've been following some of your threads and your proofs have been always lacking. I've told you this on a few of those threads, but it seems you're on a track of your own, like if you have a script, or at least some guidelines and you can't deviate.
Why? Why do you do this?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Verse 42:23 and how to interpret it, disciplines of interpreting Quran. - by pocaracas - January 20, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3749 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9386 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20705 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1361 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4616 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2966 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49110 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 13072 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 876 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 15463 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257