Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 2:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic
RE: Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic
(March 9, 2018 at 2:49 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(March 8, 2018 at 8:31 am)Huggy74 Wrote: In the audio there is mention of the light moving around and hovering over different people. THIS CORROBORATES THE PICTURE.

There is also video of eye witness testimony who say they saw the light personally. THIS CORROBORATES THE PICTURE AND AUDIO.

Now it's up to you to debunk all THREE , not just one like you guys usually attempt to do.

For the billionth time, nothing here requires debunking.  There is nothing here that falls outside the realm of science and natural explanation:

1. A priest claims he saw a light.

2. Some other people claim they saw a light

3. There is a photo of light.

What you have is corroborating evidence of light. What you don’t have, is evidence that the light is God. No one knows for certain what the source of the light was, but there are in fact more than a few perfectly natural and mundane possibilities. You’re connecting some serious dots without reason, evidence, or justification because you already believe this god is real, and you believe you’ve got “knowledge” of his nature as it has been fed to you through years of studying the Bible.  

Huggy, you are a living, breathing example of the difference between objectivity and confirmation bias.

Actually Marilyn Hickey claimed she saw and I quote:

Quote:Marilyn Hickey: Here I am on a platform facing this man and had the most unusual experience. I don't know how to describe it but it was like a wheel within a wheel lower on the ground and I could see it and as it turned it went whoosh.. whoosh.. I could hear it and this man is saying to me you're not from here you're from Denver Colorado, you're from a wooded area and you can't have a baby.

Interviewer:
And he had never met you?

Marilyn Hickey:
Never, ever

You guys can't claim that she's lying because the audio of what she's talking about is included at the end of the video, it happen's just exactly as she says.

I also notice how you gloss over the fact that the preacher knew exactly what people were thinking... man is not capable of doing that
1 Corinthians 14:23-25
Quote:If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad? But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

What you're doing is dismissing the evidence without actually looking at it, because you've already arrived at the preconception that everything is known.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic - by Huggy Bear - March 9, 2018 at 5:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 790 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Photo The atrocities of religiosity warrant our finest. Logic is not it Ghetto Sheldon 86 5690 October 5, 2021 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Disproving God Mechaghostman2 158 31648 July 14, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  First order logic, set theory and God dr0n3 293 28597 December 11, 2018 at 11:35 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Disproving the christian (and muslim) god I_am_not_mafia 106 27951 March 15, 2018 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14878 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  What is logic? Little Rik 278 56090 May 1, 2017 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  What is your Opinion on Having Required Classes in Logic in Schools? Salacious B. Crumb 43 9381 August 4, 2015 at 12:01 am
Last Post: BitchinHitchins
  Arguing w/ Religious Friends z7z 14 3464 June 5, 2015 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Logic vs Evidence dimaniac 34 12911 November 25, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: bennyboy