Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is logic?
What is logic?
Atheists keep on saying that they follow logic but in reality they go against logic.  Banging Head On Desk
But let me put in simple terms what is and is not logic.  Lightbulb

Most people feel satisfied after eating or after having sex or after they got a new car.
Unfortunately this feeling of satisfaction doesn't last very long indeed.  Banghead
After a short time that feeling goes away and the action need to be done once again and again and again.  Bump
In this way most people think that this repetition is the way to go and therefore it is logic and make sense.

This is not logic.  Indubitably
Logic is when the feeling of satisfaction is permanent not temporary.
Smart people come to understand that physical-material things can not possibly bring a permanent
state of peace of mind and happiness that is why they work on actions that fulfill a state of permanent
feeling.

Peace of mind come from within so the work need to be done within.
Forget about an external God. Hi
The real God is you and is all within.
You only need to understand who you are, all the rest will follow.
RE: What is logic?
[Image: spock-logic.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That's the most hopelessly confused definition of logic I've ever seen.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

How many joints does one need to smoke to be able to write all of that?
"Faith is the excuse people give when they have no evidence."
  - Matt Dillahunty.
(March 18, 2017 at 10:16 am)Alex K Wrote: That's the most hopelessly confused definition of logic I've ever seen.

Logic is what make sense and works in order to bring progress.
All the rest is not logic.
Logic is to understand how the system works too.
To live life after life without understanding how to bring real progress to ourselves is not logic that is why most people keep on struggling in vain ending nowhere.

(March 18, 2017 at 10:24 am)ma5t3r0fpupp3t5 Wrote: How many joints does one need to smoke to be able to write all of that?

It may be bizarre to you ma but I start following logic the day that I stop with drugs.  Smile
Nobody 'follows logic' but it isn't a bad idea to utilize logic to maximize one's chances of achieving what one wishes to. Logic as such is contentless and directionless. Logic clarifies the precise implication of propositions. I hardly recognize any of what you wrote, Rik, as having much to do with logic.
(March 18, 2017 at 11:06 am)Whateverist Wrote: Nobody 'follows logic'

Not true.
Smart people do follow logic but of course this planet is not so evolved to have many smart people.
I am sure that in this vast universe there are millions and millions of other planets where there is life.
Some are less evolved than us and some more evolved and in these last places I am sure there are
a lot of smart people who follow logic.
I doubt however that among these smart people in these evolved planets there are any atheists.  Wink

Quote:but it isn't a bad idea to utilize logic to maximize one's chances of achieving what one wishes to.

Good idea but rather than be all about wishes is all about the search for permanent peace of mind.
It is a fact that humans keep on searching again and again until peace of mind become a reality.
Those who say that they are happy with this physical-material situations only fool themselves.

Quote:Logic as such is contentless and directionless.  Logic clarifies the precise implication of propositions.

Oh, please Whatever, stop with this intellectual jargon and make it simple.
Logic lead to progress (way up).
Non logic lead to REgress (way down).
As simple as that.

Quote:I hardly recognize any of what you wrote, Rik, as having much to do with logic.

If you don't then tell me where peace of mind come from other then within.  Smile
(March 18, 2017 at 11:31 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 18, 2017 at 11:06 am)Whateverist Wrote: I hardly recognize any of what you wrote, Rik, as having much to do with logic.

If you don't then tell me where peace of mind come from other then within.  Smile

Me: What you wrote would seem to have fuck all to do with A.

Rik: But if you don't tell me where B comes, where else can C come from if not D?

So what I'm not seeing is how B, C and D relate to A. *backs slowly away from thread*
(March 18, 2017 at 10:24 am)ma5t3r0fpupp3t5 Wrote: How many joints does one need to smoke to be able to write all of that?

Back in the day, no amount would make me go quite as cray as little rik. He is just naturally stupid.
If ignorance is bliss, this amount of stupid must be fucking nirvana.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 731 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Photo The atrocities of religiosity warrant our finest. Logic is not it Ghetto Sheldon 86 4838 October 5, 2021 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  First order logic, set theory and God dr0n3 293 25257 December 11, 2018 at 11:35 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 146130 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14155 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  What is your Opinion on Having Required Classes in Logic in Schools? Salacious B. Crumb 43 9049 August 4, 2015 at 12:01 am
Last Post: BitchinHitchins
  Logic vs Evidence dimaniac 34 12663 November 25, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Exclamation The Ill-Logic, it Burns Bob Kelso 7 2612 April 1, 2014 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Proving god with logic? xr34p3rx 47 11395 March 21, 2014 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Looking for logic. Ring0 16 4813 November 11, 2013 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas