Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disproving the christian (and muslim) god
Disproving the christian (and muslim) god
My argument is that the chrstian god (and also the muslim god) is a myth formed from older myths and is in no way original, it cannot be the truth, making the christian god not real.

Discuss ...

(March 7, 2018 at 7:48 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(March 7, 2018 at 7:45 am)Lutrinae Wrote: In what way is Christianity original when it is a mythology wholly dependant on Judaism and when there were dozens of christ-like mythologies floating around at the time?

That's another discussion, we're talking Odin.

(March 7, 2018 at 7:46 am)mh.brewer Wrote: The OT is a myth formed from older myths and so is the character known as jesus.

If this is all your logic requires I think you just disproved your guy also.

Like I said, that's another discussion.
RE: Disproving the christian (and muslim) god
Yeah, the more you learn about the culture surrounding the tales, the more you find this god isn't as unchanging as the followers want you to believe.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I am not sure most theists themselves actually know how their mythology has evolved. I suppose thinking of their holy books as a collection of analogies gives them a get-out clause and the ones who take it literally probably just don't believe the historical evidence.

Regardless it must be somewhat uncomfortable to hear that your entire life is based upon an idea that has gradually taken shape from other religions which you don't follow. Aren't gods supposed to be timeless?
(March 7, 2018 at 12:22 pm)Mathilda Wrote: My argument is that the chrstian god (and also the muslim god) is a myth formed from older myths and is in no way original, it cannot be the truth, making the christian god not real.

Discuss ...

What do you base that conclusion on? What are the facts that you use to support this?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
As a former Pentecostal, I was taught that God was unchanging. When I read the Bible cover-to-cover, I saw a changing/evolving God. I didn't conclude that God was not real, but that, plus the barbarity and a few contradictions I spotted along the way convinced me that the Bible was not inspired by some theodic being.

I suspect that the response to incontrovertible facts about the origin and development of the Hebrew conception of God will usually be to retreat to a more rarified and less falsifiable conception of God. I've noticed in debates where the goal of the theist side is to prove the existence of the God of Christianity, that they never get past trying to prove the God of deism.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(March 7, 2018 at 12:50 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: As a former Pentecostal, I was taught that God was unchanging. When I read the Bible cover-to-cover, I saw a changing/evolving God.

It's like visual art. The painting doesn't change but the viewer does as he contemplates the image.
(March 7, 2018 at 12:30 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Yeah, the more you learn about the culture surrounding the tales, the more you find this god isn't as unchanging as the followers want you to believe.
Religion must change, else it would have fallen to entropy long ago.
Jesus tweaked Judaism into His ordained perfected apocalyptic form and failed to anticipate Apostle Paul retconning His religion into Christianity.

Big oversight from the Son of God leading to outrageous heresy from a usurper. Rather thoroughly belies the entire enterprise.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 7, 2018 at 1:14 pm)rskovride Wrote:
(March 7, 2018 at 12:30 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Yeah, the more you learn about the culture surrounding the tales, the more you find this god isn't as unchanging as the followers want you to believe.
Religion must change, else it would have fallen to entropy long ago.

As with everything in the world. Adapt, or get left behind. That's why some people say life has a liberal bias, because you can't force something to stay the same forever.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 7, 2018 at 12:22 pm)Mathilda Wrote: My argument is that the chrstian god (and also the muslim god) is a myth formed from older myths and is in no way original, it cannot be the truth, making the christian god not real.

Discuss ...

(March 7, 2018 at 7:48 am)Huggy74 Wrote: That's another discussion, we're talking Odin.

Like I said, that's another discussion.

Your argument would be wrong seeing how man went from Monotheism to Polytheism, not the other way around; Christianity is a microcosm of this by going from God being one to God being a trinity, to praying to Mary and the saints, Christianity is back to having a pantheon...

Secondly, before there was a written bible God place his message in the stars in the form of the Zodiac.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
- Psalm 19

I'm going to copy paste from one of my other posts seeing how I've already explained this in this particular post: https://atheistforums.org/thread-42171-p...pid1234508

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: - Romans 1:20

As told in the book of Genesis, God promised the woman a seed (this is the prophecy of the virgin birth because "seed" only comes from the man) which we all know to be Jesus Christ, the redeemer.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. - Genesis 3:15

In the Book of Revelation Jesus is the Lion of Judah.

And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. - Revelation 5:5

So here we have the first and last books of the bible depicting the Virgin and the Lion.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2014-11-10-at-1.18.58-PM.jpg]
http://www.evidencetoconsider.com/prophe...dle-sphinx
Quote:The inset image is from the Temple of Esneh in Egypt. An image of s sphinx is placed between the signs for Leo (on the left) and Virgo (on the right, holding a branch). The word sphinx means “to bind closely together” (from the Greek Sphiggo). This indicates that this is the point at which the constellations begin and end. And, like the head of the sphinx, which is that of a woman, the constellations begin with Virgo, and end, like the tail of the sphinx, which is that of a lion, with Leo.
This means that before there was ever a scripture written God symbolized his plan in the zodiac and the ancient peoples knew this, and are without excuse.

Horus can be traced back to the Horites (you see, Egypt didn't originate anything):
http://jandyongenesis.blogspot.com/2011/...ement.html
Quote:Monotheism existed in ancient Kush long before the Jews were identifiable as a distinct people. Archaeological and anthropological evidence indicates that the Horite priests as early as 3000 B.C. believed in a single supreme creator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horites
Quote:The first mention of the Horites in the Torah was when they were defeated by a coalition of Eastern kings led by the Kedorlaomer of Elam (in modern Iran). These kings had come through the Horite territory to subdue a rebellion by a coalition of other 'kings' of peoples whom they had ruled for twelve years, who were living near the Dead Sea and Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 14:1-12).

Later, according to Genesis 36, the Horites co-existed and inter-married with the family of Esau, grandson of Abraham through Isaac (Genesis 25:21-25). They were eventually brought under the rule of the descendants of Esau, also then known as Edom.

As a side note, what I find Interesting is that the descendant of Esau were described as having red skin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edom
Quote:The Hebrew word Edom means "red", and is derived from the name of its original founder, whose name was Esau, the elder son of the Hebrew patriarch Isaac, because he was born "red all over".

Does the term "redskin" sound familiar? If we look at the native American symbol for God (The Great Spirit), and the symbol for Horus, they both depict an all seeing eye.

[Image: great-spirit-symbol.jpg][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsxoDIUuxuDsgdaNXCqaR...2txqWJ-YpM]

Could these native Americans be the descendants of the red-skinned Edomites formerly known as the Horites? Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2737 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Disproving God Mechaghostman2 158 30835 July 14, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Awesome ex-muslim testimonies. purplepurpose 5 1369 August 2, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 150565 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Just met a former Muslim on Facebook Brian37 6 2721 May 3, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  My brother who used to be a devout Muslim is now agnostic Lebneni Murtad 4 1386 March 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop... Mudhammam 57 12161 November 3, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  my total review of muslim *uncensored* dyresand 15 3703 October 30, 2014 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  article I found about muslim atheism. vodkafan 2 1205 August 2, 2014 at 8:31 am
Last Post: vodkafan
  Strong Atheism - Arguments disproving God Cheerful Charlie 3 2791 October 20, 2013 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Polaris