Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 2:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The differences that separate and unite us.
RE: The differences that separate and unite us.
'When you teach a man to hate and fear his brother, when you teach that he is a lesser man because of his color or his beliefs or the policies he pursues, when you teach that those who differ from you threaten your freedom or your job or your family, then you also learn to confront others not as fellow citizens but as enemies - to be met not with cooperation but with conquest, to be subjugated and mastered.

'We must admit the vanity of our false distinctions among men and learn to find our own advancement in the search for the advancement of all. We must admit in ourselves that our own children's future cannot be built on the misfortunes of others. We must recognize that this short life can neither be ennobled or enriched by hatred or revenge.'  -Robert F. Kennedy, 1968

(My father had this on the wall of his study for as long as I can remember)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: The differences that separate and unite us. - by c172 - April 12, 2018 at 12:30 pm
RE: The differences that separate and unite us. - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - April 14, 2018 at 6:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rep Whores Unite! chimp3 74 6124 July 23, 2019 at 4:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Words and cultural differences pocaracas 15 1832 June 3, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Differences from societal norms robvalue 79 8116 November 27, 2016 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  For all our differences, we are alike. Dotard 2 1293 March 9, 2011 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Violet
  Differences between cultures Godhead 17 3786 July 12, 2010 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye