Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 10:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alt. Hist. request, Vikings make a go of the "New World"?
#54
RE: Alt. Hist. request, Vikings make a go of the "New World"?
As a self sufficient then-modern colony?  Not much.  The capacity of the island, then..wasn't much more than a few thousand people and that;s after the land was improved for agriculture.  The growing season was short, what could be grown severely limited, and it conflicted with the hunting season.  Both were required to maintain that population above.  The majority of greenlands product and export is and has always been marine product, it's 89% today.  Further, there has never been a society on greenland that didn't depend on import of goods.  Their top three imports are machinery and transport equipment, manufactured goods....and food.

Consider this, Global Warming is a solution to their massive food problem.  Global Cooling only exacerbated it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt. Hist. request, Vikings make a go of the "New World"? - by The Grand Nudger - May 2, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Challenge New, New year's song...... Jackie 0 657 January 3, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Stalky songs that make you think. Jackie 2 1446 August 4, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  CBS to make show about black atheist.... Jackie 1 972 July 20, 2018 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  One That Wont Make Me Nervous..... Jackie 0 591 April 3, 2018 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Passages which make you C.O.S. (chuckle out softly) Whateverist 0 857 November 7, 2017 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  When You Make A Song And...[Total Clickbait] Edwardo Piet 0 880 September 16, 2017 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Songs That Make You Happy Shell B 159 38139 July 2, 2017 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What if they did make them like they used to? Rev. Rye 0 1408 January 31, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Movies That Make You Cry HeyItsZeus 18 10395 June 27, 2011 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)