Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 5:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums"
RE: Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums"
(May 12, 2018 at 11:28 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 9:22 pm)A Theist Wrote: What do you want to know specifically? I have Muslim friends that I work with on my job. We all get along pretty well. We laugh and joke around together. We work together. No problems between us. Is that what you wanted to know, or did you have something else in mind?

No; I wanted to know in terms of faith.
As a Muslim, there are direct Quranic verses that teach that Christians who believe in the Trinity are considered "disbelievers" on terms of faith. Do Christians see Muslims as the same ? i.e disbelievers on terms of faith?

I wasn't asking about the "relationship with a Christian/ Non-believer"; because it's mentioned explicitly in the religion that it's very fine -and even an obligation on Muslims- to be good to those who are good with them; according to this verse from the Quran:

Quote:Sura 60, The Quran:
( 8 )   Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Being righteous towards a Christian -or even an atheist individual- who is at peace with me, is an obligation on me as Muslim.

Does the same exist in current day Christianity towards Muslims? That's my question.

Here is the Christian view of Jesus Christ. He is the Son of God. He is God's regent and He is co equal with God. Jesus is the world's Messiah sent by God. No one comes to God except through Jesus Christ...

Acts 4:10-12, When brought before Annas  the High Priest and questioned by what power a lame man was healed and made to walk, Peter stood before the council and said,.... 

Quote:Acts 4:10-12  (KJV)
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

In the Gospel of John 14:6, Jesus Himself said...
Quote:Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

In the Apostle Paul's Epistles, He wrote...
Quote:1 Corinthians 3:11
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

I Timothy 2:5-6

Quote:For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all,

The Apostle John also wrote in I John 4:14-15

Quote:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

And in the Gospel of John, John 20:31
Quote:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

I John 5:
Quote:For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.....

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

The Gospel of John, John 3:36
Quote:He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

So, yes. The Bible has direct verses which show that Jesus is God's Son, sent to be the Saviour and to reconcile all who will to God. In the Christian faith there's no compromise with this. Jesus is the only way to God. All who reject that are disbelievers and will have their reward as disbelievers. Even someone like me, who professes belief in the faith, yet walks contrary to the faith of Christ they believe in, will also be counted among the disbelievers.

To answer your last question, yes. The Apostle Paul wrote in his Epistle to the church in Rome that Christians, as much as possibly lies within them, should live in peace with all...
Quote:Romans 12:18-21
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums" - by A Theist - May 13, 2018 at 10:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sick Of All The Racist Forums. getfree 5 566 January 3, 2024 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sick Of All The Racist Forums. getfree 1 334 December 27, 2023 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF Neo-Scholastic 132 17904 May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The point to Human Existence? Role of Emotions. LostDays 33 6504 November 14, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest