Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF
1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF
This is a call/challenge to other AF Christians. The topic for debate and discussion is our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums.

So here are my proposed rules:

1 - Only one post per day but post can be as long as you want. That will limit the amount of back and forth chattiness.
2 - No using the quote function. Respond to each other by restating/paraphrasing the points made by others. That preserves the debate format.
3 - "Wall Street Journal" rule - language must conform to the editorial standards of a respected journal.

We'll have to select a moderator. Maybe some mod will volunteer.

Even though participation is limited to Christians, all AF members will be able to read and follow our discussion. However, I feel that it would be good to openly discuss the topic amongst ourselves. That's fine with me. I could just do without the heckling and having to explain myself to hecklers. I imagine a parallel thread formed to mock us but that's okay so long as they make enough popcorn for everyone.
RE: 1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF
I predict zero takers. 

(there Chad, that should get them off their butts)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Boooring
Popcorn
This will be fun to watch. It's like "Who is the least wrong".

I've been thinking about starting an "Ask a..." thread and it will be "Ask a guy who is hankering for a formal debate". And it will be a proposal for literally anyone on AF who strongly disagrees with me about anything and they can debate me on any matter I'm interested in debating (which is most matters. I'm not interested in politics but that's about it really. I mean, I'll debate any topic of morality, religion or philosophy at least)...... but I'm still a little busier than usual nowadays so I am not sure I'm ready yet. But it's starting to seem like so many debates I have on AF lead to such irrelevant digressions and strawmen I'd much rather have a formally organized debate.

I like the idea of not using the quote function so the debate works like a classic debate. It also stops people quote-mining.

I'd totally watch a debate between you and another theist, go for it Neo. And I'm totally hankering for a formal debate about many different subjects but I'm not ready yet.
xtian only debate? Rolleyes  Go throw popcorn at each other someplace else, where people care about which bible is more correct.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Does the loser go to the lions at least?
You gotta give us something in return?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 1, 2018 at 10:27 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: This is a call/challenge to other AF Christians. The topic for debate and discussion is our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums.

So here are my proposed rules:

1 - Only one post per day but post can be as long as you want. That will limit the amount of back and forth chattiness.
2 - No using the quote function. Respond to each other by restating/paraphrasing the points made by others. That preserves the debate format.
3 - "Wall Street Journal" rule - language must conform to the editorial standards of a respected journal.

We'll have to select a moderator. Maybe some mod will volunteer.

Even though participation is limited to Christians, all AF members will be able to read and follow our discussion. However, I feel that it would be good to openly discuss the topic amongst ourselves. That's fine with me. I could just do without the heckling and having to explain myself to hecklers. I imagine a parallel thread formed to mock us but that's okay so long as they make enough popcorn for everyone.

I don’t mind participating, but be forewarned; my mood has been rather apathetic as of late.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Lolol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
"My imaginary version of the Christian God can beat up your imaginary version of the Christian God."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Are all actions in life based on interest only"? WinterHold 38 2799 April 16, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Free Will Debate Alan V 82 4532 November 27, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Debate Invitation John 6IX Breezy 3 674 September 1, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Do we only do things we want to do? DodosAreDead 9 1109 November 19, 2018 at 12:41 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums" vulcanlogician 201 21805 May 19, 2018 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Thumbs Up VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate vulcanlogician 43 4444 May 18, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You can call me whatever Foxaèr 29 8415 June 15, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Azu
  The Definitive Post On The Free Will v. Determinism Debate BrianSoddingBoru4 17 3211 September 3, 2016 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Debate Challenge TruthisGod 127 19550 November 20, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Hello, Anyone interested in a debate? Anima 355 79105 July 8, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Anima