Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant
RE: New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant
(May 16, 2018 at 12:09 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:40 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I think that it is difficult to justify the killing of a preborn baby based on less harm as stated above. Given that a successful abortion results in the harm (specifically death) of a human being. This is the intended result. (Not exactly fitting under the Hippocratic oath.  I’m assuming, that you are not trying to indicate that every legal abortion would result outcomes as you described above, if they where made illegal. While I think that it is difficult to calculate, I also think it’s difficult to say that less harm is done with legalized homicide.

How about, we educate people. Teach of the risks of doing a alley way abortion.  Give them
support, and do every thing possible to discourage the on demand killing of these human beings. Would you agree to that?

This one I can actually get behind. I would still discourage making it illegal until we actually get to the point where abortions are really rare, which I honestly doubt will actually happen. The only way we can reduce abortions is by reducing the demand, and reaching a point where abortion is rare enough to justify its illegality may actually be impossible.

Also, given that the vast majority of abortions happen before the fetus has even developed the capacity to even be properly sensate (roughly around the third trimester, where abortions become extremely rare and almost always happen due to severe problems), it's really not that hard to use a less harm justification.

(May 16, 2018 at 12:08 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: [Image: 35_F4_EF97_D1_F9_40_BA_889_E_6119_A0_D6_BB58.jpg]
Looks pretty human to me.

And, like Roadrunner, you chose to use an image of one at a stage when abortions become very rare. And, for the record, it's not exactly inherently parasitic, but it can certainly become parasitic in the wrong circumstances. Seriously, look at an acorn, call it an oak tree, and then tell me that a fetus still counts as a full-blown person.
My point with this photo is that as much as I hate when pro-lifers use inflammatory appeals to emotion like ‘ripping unborn babies apart’, it’s equally as annoying when pro-choicers use phrases like, ‘parasite’ in an attempt to dehumanize what is biologically and genetically human.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant - by LadyForCamus - May 16, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 3164 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  MA publishes database of law enforcement disciplinary actions Nanny 0 458 August 22, 2023 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Women's Rights Lek 314 20651 April 25, 2023 at 5:22 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  If Abortion Becomes Illegal onlinebiker 36 2890 May 8, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 2115 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The far right thinking they know pronouns Foxaèr 6 390 May 27, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1373 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Break any law if it’s for Jesus Fake Messiah 0 167 March 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2435 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats Secular Elf 6 458 July 20, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda