Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 3:28 am

Poll: Should we live for pleasure?
This poll is closed.
Yes
50.00%
4 50.00%
No
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bashing God for the Misery of Life
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life
(June 25, 2018 at 2:30 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: No it isn't. Atheism is not believing IN god. I didn't choose to not believe in god I just don't.
I have not believed in god since I was born so for me it was the default view. Never believed, never saw a reason to start.
It is you who does not seem to grasp what atheism is and its really rather pathetic.
this is where you guys always fail. Atheism is NOT about what you believe it is about. you people will go one forever telling about what a unique snow flake your system of belief is, but FAIL to understand all your 'snow falls into the same snow bank as everyone else here. As such I can speak generalities about it and you all at the same time.

Look at the unlined part. This means you never had proof of God. which is Exactly what I said is the catalyst of unbelief. It only works 2 ways. Either you have absolute proof there is a god and you believe or or not or you do not have absolute proof and you believe or not. you whether you want to be generically classified or not fit snugly into the first category. You have no proof and you do not believe.

Quote:Those aren't the only options are they. What if I couldn't give two shits about the idea of god. Literally could not scare less. What then?
Again you f-ing moron you have proof and disbelieve out of petulance anyway!!! You either have proof or you do not the point I am making is the one you just made you choose what you want almost despite evidence.

(June 25, 2018 at 10:34 am)Drich Wrote: Never believed in god, never saw a reason to start.

(June 25, 2018 at 10:34 am)Drich Wrote: defaults are still a choice, to choose to do nothing i still a choice.

Quote:Well I have read the bible. (stupid piece of shit that it was) and have been corresponding here with some theists who have all not managed to provide anything near proof that meets any level that is convincing so there's that.
it's like talking to a retarded rock...
Seriously how is this NOT an example of the EXACT Thing I am talking about?

Quote:That's not how it works.

Actually it is. if you had irrefutable proof of God "Atheism by defination would be impossible. therefore if you are atheist you lack proof.

Quote:I so I need to provide absolute proof for the non-existence of god or atheism is wrong.
That's not how things work is it fella.

Quote:You say a thing is real, I say no it isn't, it isn't then up to me to show the evidence for the not thing, you must show evidence for the thing.
And you have failed again and again and again at that.
So no shifting proof burdons please.
there you go old chap.
OMG.
are you trolling me? do you not understand I am saying no proof for the atheist is the reason they do not believe in God?
That most tried to verify in some form or fashion got no proof decided God is not real because 'they half assed tried' and not no wishes granted.

Quote:Let me explain do you believe in the existence of extra terrestrials?

(June 25, 2018 at 10:34 am)Drich Wrote: yes as NASA for life or the evidence of it on mars.

Quote:No they don't they have evidence that suggests there "may be" that is quite different from proof of life.
actually there are fossils fossils=life.
https://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/nasa1.html

Quote:If you don't then according to your logic then you should have visited every planet in existence, and all the space in between and not found some.
(June 25, 2018 at 10:34 am)Drich Wrote: Not what I am saying at all. I am simply saying if you do not believe in ET life then you do not have proof to support your belief. If you do then you have irrefutable evidence.

Quote:Ok I'll type slowly as you seem to be hard of thinking.

I said I don't believe IN alien life because of insufficient evidence to support it.
A n d I W i l l T y p e T h i s S l o w e r!!! I KNOW!!! That's my whole point!!! That is how I an group you a holes into a nice little stero type, because the same is true for God.

Quote:However I did say that I thought it was likely.

I do not have to supply evidence against alien life not to believe it I just need to not have enough evidence to believe in it now.

Let me put it like this.

A person comes into your shop with a jar of pennies and says they have 1000 pennies in the jar, would you always believe them or would you count the pennies.
no moron you weigh the pennies. dump them out into a container, zero the scale and the add the pennies. then "math it."
1.45 per pound with copper zinc. if all copper bonus for you. don't accept all zinc pennys, not real money/arcade money

Quote:I'm a count the pennies knida guy.
bet your a candle instead of electric light kind guy too.

Quote:Now I do not believe in the existence of extra terrestrials  BUT I do think that it is quite likely they exist. The missing thing that would make me believe in them is EVIDENCE.
(June 25, 2018 at 10:34 am)Drich Wrote: we are saying the same thing dumb ass you are so use to taking the oppsite side you refuse to acknoweledge when we are saying the same thing.

I'm pretty sure you're saying the exact opposite you distended baboons rectum. Jerkoff
[/quote]
Nuupe. We are saying the same thing

No evidence no belief. that what makes an atheist tick. you can admit when I'm right even if I am on your side.

Messages In This Thread
Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by WinterHold - June 21, 2018 at 12:38 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Drich - June 21, 2018 at 3:39 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Losty - June 21, 2018 at 1:02 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Minimalist - June 21, 2018 at 1:22 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Aroura - June 21, 2018 at 1:32 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by GUBU - June 21, 2018 at 1:40 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by paulpablo - June 21, 2018 at 2:19 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by WinterHold - June 21, 2018 at 2:26 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by chimp3 - June 21, 2018 at 6:39 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Foxaèr - June 21, 2018 at 6:46 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by robvalue - June 21, 2018 at 7:03 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by robvalue - June 21, 2018 at 8:50 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by robvalue - June 21, 2018 at 11:48 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by robvalue - June 21, 2018 at 11:53 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by robvalue - June 21, 2018 at 12:24 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by robvalue - June 21, 2018 at 1:33 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Drich - June 21, 2018 at 3:44 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Angrboda - June 21, 2018 at 5:11 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Drich - June 22, 2018 at 9:36 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by sdelsolray - June 21, 2018 at 8:06 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by *Deidre* - June 21, 2018 at 8:09 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Mister Agenda - June 22, 2018 at 10:07 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Drich - June 22, 2018 at 11:04 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Mister Agenda - June 22, 2018 at 11:21 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Aegon - June 22, 2018 at 12:21 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Drich - June 25, 2018 at 10:34 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Drich - June 25, 2018 at 3:53 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by downbeatplumb - June 22, 2018 at 11:11 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by chimp3 - June 22, 2018 at 7:59 pm
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by robvalue - June 23, 2018 at 3:28 am
RE: Bashing God for the Misery of Life - by Brian37 - June 25, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2864 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  God is Life? Parashu 64 6588 March 3, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: robvalue
  An eternal life is a worthless life. Lucanus 47 12580 December 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 20312 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7946 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath 15 6463 October 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Jackalope