Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 6:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Remember]:deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II
RE: [Remember]:deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II
(May 15, 2020 at 5:18 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: The firebombing of Tokyo and Dresden had no justification except to cause casualties and terror among the people.

The same goes for the rape of Nanking (already mentioned) or the slaughter of millions of civilians by Axis forces during the war.

Both sides used terror tactics and if anyone thinks the Japanese wouldn't have done the same to our cities if they had the chance, they're fools.

On the other hand the use of the atomic bombs, however terrible the act was, saved millions of lives, both Japanese, Allied, and civilians in occupied areas.

I used to know a Dutch guy who, as a kid - emphasis KID - spent years in a Japanese prison and saw the cruelty daily.  He said using the nukes saved his life and those of countless others.

Oh, and the "filth" my father has caused?  To spend his life as a GP helping others.

The main problem is condemning those who use similar tactics later on. You do know that 9/11 was carried out mainly as paying to Americans their same treatment of Afghans and Muslims.

That is the exact reason why many Muslims see Osama bin Laden as a hero.

What about Guantanamo Bay and the terrible torture that happens in it? lots of its inmates turned out to be innocents, so wouldn't beheading American soldiers -and all workers who aid them- be legitimate following your justification for the bombings of WW2?

In other words; the ones the west calls "terrorists" are just a reflection in the mirror of the west's own deeds.

Did you see now how ISIS warriors got born? they were born because the west's foreign policy exist.

Just like "ISIS" bombs the innocents to send a message, so as western countries.
Just like ISIS tortures, western countries torture.

It's a coin with the west's own face printed on the other side, my dear.

Notice: that's neither my law nor how I judge, but I'm trying to open your mind to the world of the west. Indeed ISIS is not Islamic but it's western just like the orcs of WW2

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Remember]:deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II - by WinterHold - May 16, 2020 at 12:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who in the tudman administration faked a war so that they could sell weapons, to whom BrianSoddingBoru4 7 386 February 11, 2024 at 5:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Air Florida, Flight 90. Brian37 9 675 March 26, 2021 at 5:38 pm
  War on Christmas downbeatplumb 6 685 December 18, 2020 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Remember]:torture since the American civil war WinterHold 33 4246 July 10, 2020 at 5:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  CIVIL WAR/WW2 history...... help me out. Brian37 12 1336 June 23, 2020 at 9:11 am
  Something funny happened on the way to the subway EarnieBanks 8 700 May 20, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How much do you know about the raid on Pearl Harbor? Gawdzilla Sama 43 3835 December 15, 2018 at 7:30 am
  Severe weather during the 1960s vorlon13 5 618 May 3, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why didn't the Cold War get bloody? shadow 30 2938 February 12, 2018 at 7:41 pm
  Where were you when 9/11 happened? ƵenKlassen 45 4730 December 6, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Aegon