Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Remember]:torture since the American civil war
[Remember]:torture since the American civil war
American Civil War prison camps were torture grounds. Both sides of the war commit atrocities to prisoners of war who got captured; atrocities to the degree of what you see in this picture:

[Image: 375px-Andersonvillesurvivor.jpg]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_C...ison_camps

Yes; this was a union soldier who got imprisoned by the south.

It seems that this tactic of torture is a major feature that comes with most -if not all- western governments; this torture happened over and over in western-waged wars like the infamous Nazi prison camps; it seems that Nazis were just following the protocol that was followed in the western secular world.

We even saw the same gets repeated by the U.S in 2003's invasion of Iraq: the infamous Abu-Ghuraib American prison is the example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib...oner_abuse

[Image: AbuGhraibAbuse-standing-on-box.jpg]

Torture of prisoners is indeed a tool of suppression that we know exactly by now where it's advocated and even legalized; and remember the words of the president of the U.S himself:

RE: [Remember]:torture since the American civil war
Only "the west" tortures and abuses prisoners of war. Is this your thesis?
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Quote:We even saw the same gets repeated by the U.S in 2003's invasion of Iraq: the infamous Abu-Ghuraib American prison is the example:

You do realize that this prison was built in the 1950s, right? Since you do such careful, objective, unbiased research, I’m confident that you’re aware that the prison was known far and wide as a place of torture and extra-judicial killings long before the US took it over.

It doesn’t excuse what the US did there, but your mantra of painting Westerners as the only bad actors on the world stage is getting tiresome.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What do you expect from bigots like him?
(July 1, 2020 at 7:58 am)WinterHold Wrote: American Civil War prison camps were torture grounds. Both sides of the war commit atrocities to prisoners of war who got captured; atrocities to the degree of what you see in this picture:

[Image: 375px-Andersonvillesurvivor.jpg]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_C...ison_camps

Yes; this was a union soldier who got imprisoned by the south.

It seems that this tactic of torture is a major feature that comes with most -if not all- western governments; this torture happened over and over in western-waged wars like the infamous Nazi prison camps; it seems that Nazis were just following the protocol that was followed in the western secular world.

We even saw the same gets repeated by the U.S in 2003's invasion of Iraq: the infamous Abu-Ghuraib American prison is the example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib...oner_abuse

[Image: AbuGhraibAbuse-standing-on-box.jpg]

Torture of prisoners is indeed a tool of suppression that we know exactly by now where it's advocated and even legalized; and remember the words of the president of the U.S himself:

Just so you know, one of the female soldiers who partook in the Abu Ghraib prison photos graduated from the same High School I did. Several years after I did. I never met her or knew her. 

But all you are pointing out is that humans can be cruel to each other. 

Cruelty and compassion are not patents owned by one label. Neither Islam or Christianity or Jewish or Hindu or Buddhist or any religion in the world, are squeaky clean. If you study world history, you see that even under the same umbrella labels the sub sects have had fights and been cruel to each other. Just like Sunnis and Shiites are cruel to each other. Just like the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland have had a long history of fighting each other. America's Civil War was literally Christians fighting other Christians. 

In Asia and the Orient Japan and China are both full of Buddhists, but they have always  been pitted against each other. 

Not sure why you posted this? Trump is a fucking dick. NO SHIT. But that does not make the leaders of Saudi Arabia or Iran good people. It just means humans chase power and some humans abuse that power.
Everybody who thinks this is unique to the "West" raise their stump where their right hand used to be.

[obligatorypigpicturehere]
(July 1, 2020 at 9:37 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Everybody who thinks this is unique to the "West" raise their stump where their right hand used to  be.

Have you seen the bigoted islamist even bother to give a definition of who or what the "west" even is? I havent. Huh
Lord have mercy... it takes a shock jock like Atlas to actually post something that makes me agree with Trump. Waterboarding is torture, torture works, it's better than chopping off hands for a loaf of break or heads for having a differing ideology. I hate myself a little now for appreciating Atlas' post and agreeing with Trump...

I guess that's the result of using galvanizing tribalism with shock jock media emotive tactics.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(July 1, 2020 at 9:51 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(July 1, 2020 at 9:37 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Everybody who thinks this is unique to the "West" raise their stump where their right hand used to  be.

Have you seen the bigoted islamist even bother to give a definition of who or what the "west" even is? I havent. Huh
Do trolls even do that?
(July 1, 2020 at 9:58 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(July 1, 2020 at 9:51 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Have you seen the bigoted islamist even bother to give a definition of who or what the "west" even is? I havent. Huh
Do trolls even do that?

Right, they dont, and Atlass won tbothe reither.

Too bad, i would have loved to have him try to define that term, and then squirm like usual when his bigotry and racism are pointed out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who in the tudman administration faked a war so that they could sell weapons, to whom BrianSoddingBoru4 7 183 February 11, 2024 at 5:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  22 years since Pope's apology Fake Messiah 1 326 March 23, 2022 at 8:34 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  War on Christmas downbeatplumb 6 629 December 18, 2020 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  CIVIL WAR/WW2 history...... help me out. Brian37 12 1178 June 23, 2020 at 9:11 am
  [Remember]:deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II WinterHold 102 4370 May 16, 2020 at 3:03 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  50 years since Kent State Cecelia 11 1341 May 4, 2020 at 3:53 pm
  Why didn't the Cold War get bloody? shadow 30 2796 February 12, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ken Burns & Lynn Novick's Documentary of the Viet Nam War Secular Elf 58 8832 October 1, 2017 at 1:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yes. Sadly We All Know The Next Phony War Is Coming Minimalist 31 7190 February 28, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Supporters of the Civil Rights Movement. Brian37 1 692 January 27, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear