Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Where were you when 9/11 happened?
I don't know where I was back when 9/11 happened, since I was only 4 months old.

If I had to guess, I was probably in front of the TV watching it happen on the news.
RE: Where were you when 9/11 happened?
New Orleans.
I was at work, driving a forklift truck at the time.
I remember thinking is this really happening, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
It really hit home to me how vulnerable we all are every day, just going about our business, doing our own thing, when there are people out there who would wipe us out without a second thought.
Really sad, and for what?
(November 25, 2017 at 7:34 pm)ƵenKlassen Wrote: I don't know where I was back when 9/11 happened, since I was only 4 months old.

If I had to guess, I was probably in front of the TV watching it happen on the news.

I know exactly where I was at the time. Myself and a colleague were enroute to make a sales presentation when we heard that a plane had crashed into the first tower. At first we dismissed it as a stray Cessna, perhaps. Upon emerging from said meeting, it became "Wait, what?" territory.
I was at a wedding when it happened, at the reception when I heard about it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Rome, Italy... On holidays.
I came pout of the hotel bathroom, and mutt brother told me what was on the news...

Then my dad told us that there was also a threat to Rome's airport and we might have had to stay there for a few more days (turns out our flight left on schedule).
At work in one of the taller buildings in our city (at that time). Quite a few people took PTO that day.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Purdue.
I was shopping at a K-Mart in north suburban Pittsburgh, Pa.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
At work, doing something Really Important, and that was planned for months. Somehow, it didn't seem so important all of a sudden.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Remember]:deadliest air raid happened in Tokyo during World War II WinterHold 102 4309 May 16, 2020 at 3:03 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Something funny happened on the way to the subway EarnieBanks 8 636 May 20, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Serious] When Muslim Knights Were Held in High Esteem, by the Crusaders WinterHold 6 631 March 24, 2019 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  History and were doomed to repeat it dyresand 34 5745 April 8, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Happened to My Wall St Slave Burial Ground Thread? Fred Hampton 26 3930 March 27, 2017 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Alex K
  If Aztecs were not conquered? TrueChristian 26 4185 January 27, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Nazis were crack addicts! ignoramus 27 3627 September 12, 2015 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Cavemen Were Much Better At Illustrating Animals Than Artists Today Pyrrho 15 3721 September 3, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Godscreated