Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 2:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Atheist married to Pentecostal. Anyone else in this situation?
RE: Atheist married to Pentecostal. Anyone else in this situation?
(June 14, 2020 at 7:27 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Umm. In my case all was well until the 2008 crash. Then it became quite apparent that the money was the thing. I owned four companies at that time and all of them were wiped off the map. 

Once the money stopped, so did she.

In court, I got financially raped because she was the mother.

But where are we now?

Well, I own my own home outright and have no debt. My kids have keys and can come and go as they please. They will own that home outright because those are the terms of my will in the event of my death. My eldest will be appointed executor shortly. 

She has put herself in debt to the hilt, (she will die with a sack of debt), has a partner that pays none of the bills (literally none) and her own kids consider her of...challenged intellect.  It is so bad that I find myself defending the bitch.

That's quite the turnaround.  Getting free of a drag lets us excel in ways we'd forgotten.  For me, that kick in the balls, after a time of being doubled over, was an added boost.  I loved being single and just taking care of myself and the kids.

It's sad for your kids that their mom regressed.  I've heard similar stories and can't understand it.  As teens, my kids came to me at various times to complain about their mom either over-controlling them or yelling at them.  I was almost not ready to be mature about it because my initial reaction was "so glad I don't have to put up with that shit anymore."  But I didn't say that.  I listened, sympathized, and took them somewhere fun.  And I did still have to put up with that hateful bitch at times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheist married to Pentecostal. Anyone else in this situation? - by Ranjr - June 15, 2020 at 10:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone else mail order music albums? Brian37 7 452 February 26, 2020 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anyone else here published a book? FlatAssembler 9 825 June 25, 2018 at 6:16 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler