Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 1:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret.
RE: Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret.
(December 9, 2021 at 5:49 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: It's all just a distortion of Psalms.

Matt. 13:35, "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world,"

Is an inaccurate portrayal of Psalm 78:2- 3: "I Will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us."

Except that : Psalm 78 says nothing about "things which have been kept secret since the world began" but only of dark sayings of old. These sayings refer to old sayings, not things which have been kept secret;

the phrase, "which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us," which can be found in Psalm 78, is the opposite of "secret" in Matt. 13;

Psalm 78 says "a parable," while Matthew says "parables."

I scrolled back a little to see what the preceding lines were.

There are some matching problems.
Psalm 76:1 KING JAMES VERSION
In Judah is God known: his name is great in Israel.

^^^^^But Jesus’s name is not great in Israel.
Of course, “great” is a relative term but it looks like he didn’t win over the majority.

Psalm 76:2 KING JAMES VERSION
In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.

^^^^^Salem is never mentioned in the new testament except for Hebrews 7:1
There is a Salim.
Some people think that Salem and Jerusalem are the same location.

Psalm 76:11 KING JAMES VERSION
Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.

^^^^^There was just the 3 magicians that brought presents.

Psalm 76:12 KING JAMES VERSION
He shall cut off the spirit of princes: he is terrible to the kings of the earth.

^^^^^This doesn’t sound like Jesus. He didn’t interact with the various countries on Earth.

And if I keep reading past Psalm 78:3, there is just the usual story of Exodus.
It talks about some jews being rebellious.
It says that the Ephraim tribe quit during battle and fled and so, god was pissed.

The Bible is quite repetitive.

(December 9, 2021 at 6:11 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: And it is also a part where Jesus makes one of the many scientific blunders, like not knowing that mustard seed is not the smallest of all seeds, because the orchid seed, for example, is much smaller, and young trees are not shrubs, as the mustard plant is, and shrubs do not grow into trees.

But we can't expect Jesus to know things that he apparently created, like seeds. Oh no. That was way beyond his time, not like flying, walking on water, and bringing dead people to life.

I looked into it.
A mustard seed is about 2 to 3 mm. It is almost spherical and looks dense.
Orchid seeds look smaller, lightweight, like dust.

The mustard plant doesn’t look like a shrub. It doesn’t look dense. It looks like a tall grass, about 2 m in height at most.
I think if the wind blows, it would sway a lot. I doubt that any bird would nest in the mustard plant.
Perhaps I haven’t seen all the varieties or I am not a good judge just based on images I found on the web.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret. - by Ferrocyanide - December 9, 2021 at 9:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolutionary explanation of religion cyber_freddy 33 2839 December 25, 2020 at 6:52 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 837 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  You guys are right. Mystic 54 8321 February 5, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: haig
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2864 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Maybe you guys are mixing religion with God Fk789 36 3397 November 1, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Secret Ceremonies (book) vodkafan 1 993 August 19, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Aren't fundamentalists the 'good' guys? Dystopia 16 3465 August 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Possible explanation of supernatural religious visitations BlackMason 15 4294 May 13, 2014 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  A rational explanation for hell? Ace Otana 265 118734 January 26, 2014 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7946 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72