Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 11:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey's role in middle eastern politics
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics
(November 26, 2011 at 7:20 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Mehmet, Germans and Japanese are very "proud" of being German or Japanese. One doesn't have to become willfully ignorant of the shortcomings and misdeeds of one's own country to be "proud". We dropped a nuclear fucking weapon and I still fly the flag.
I guess you are not really understanding what's going on in Germany, or in Japan. Contrary to the popular belief, no one really maintains the notion that only Imperial Japan or Nazi Germany were responsible for anything that was committed during those eras.
This is not something gets stuck to the specific periods of time, it gets stuck on you until the end of time. No wonder that people think of Nazis first when they hear of Germans rather than Ludwig Van or Bach, and of Hirohito when they think of the Japanese, instead of famous japanese figures such as Tokugawa...However no one knows Turkey with the names of Talat paşa, but all know the names of Atatürk, without actually attributing something negative to it-unless someone goes and attributes something negative to him.
The Germans and Japanese, being losers in a world war, were heavily punished for it, with the Germans having to suffer a second severe punishment after the brutal terms of the Treaty of Sevres.
The national pride and sense of belonging that the people of both Germany and Japan shared was destroyed. The peoples themselves were heavily blamed for everything that happened during the 3. Reich and İmperial Japan-after all, it was them who had elected Hitler, and it was them who have sacrificed themselves for the emperor Hirohito. Once again, the Germans were demonized, and they were openly declared to be a shameful people, that had to pay all they had in reparations to both allied forces and the jews.

Now, there is one single difference, however. Germans were actually condemned to committing the crime of Genocide in a court. They had to pay hefty reparations, and were at Israel's mercy. Israel had already taken some hefty fees, along with what they paid to the holocaust survivors.
Japan still refuses to recognize various accusations such as Nanking.

We however, are accused of quite debatable things, which is the reason they are debated, actually. In all cases, we were facing enemies from all fronts, while having to deal with internal strifes. It's best not to get into those things. All I'm saying is, that it is us, the Turkish people, who are the accused here. Not the Ottoman government, not the Turkish government, but us. If you say, "nah" you fool yourself. If only the Nazi Germany was at fault for holocausting jews, why did the German public pay for all of the reparations that went to the holocaust survivors?
This is what our enemies are trying to archive. Even if you're not guilty of committing something, repeat it enough times, and even you start to believe that you might have done something.
Once they get you to accept their stories, they have you. They can get you to pay them in lands, money and everything they desire.
I will not play their games, nor will the majority of Turks.

Quote:The rhetoric you consistently let fall from your mouth is not pride, it is bigoted ethnocentric nationalism, and it's disgusting.
Well, on whose ethnicity should I center myself on, but my own?
How is it somehow disgusting that I care for the welbeing of my own people?
Quote:If you were representative of Turkey as a whole, I'd say their place in middle eastern politics should be non-existent.
Sadly, most Turks are now swayed away from Turkish nationalism to islamist ummah propaganda(which was the main reason of me starting this thread).
And well, I certainly would love to play no part in middle-estern politics. We have severed our ties with them the moment they sold us out.
Quote:The middle east is already full up with that sort of nonsense. So you go ahead and laugh at the "antics" of a people who were nearly annihilated, and pine away for the day when you don't have to live with "non-turks"
Is it, I didn't really know. I still laugh at the antics of a people who were already a weak presence in Anatolia, and still thought that they could hold on to it by merely allying themselves with the British(Greeks) and the Russians(Armenians). If they had stayed loyal to the empire, they could still be there, but then again, we wouldn't have a Turkey for Turks.
So maybe I'm somewhat glad that the Greeks and Armenians have decided to play for the wrong side, and I'm glad that we decided to play for the wrong side(Germans&Austria-hungary). As you see, it all went out better than expected, and we have a country that is called Turkey, the land of the Turks, instead of "Osmanli(multi-ethnic, where Turks did not receive their rightful prize as the founders of the country, just so the Qayı tribe could keep it's throne...)" named after a tribal chieftain.
Quote: As long as the total measure of your dreamland Turkey's power is your impotent bitching about "The West", I couldn't care less.
In my vision, Turkey as a sovereign state does not exist. It only exists as a landmass that is part of a larger country.
Besides, I'm not bitching about the West. It seems like the West is constantly bitching about us. That's why they don't want us in their union(not that we want to be in their stupid clique), and that is why they want us to be in the worst situations possible.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Messages In This Thread
Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by kılıç_mehmet - November 25, 2011 at 5:29 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 9:22 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 25, 2011 at 6:05 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Minimalist - November 25, 2011 at 6:22 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Minimalist - November 25, 2011 at 6:53 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 25, 2011 at 10:48 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Minimalist - November 25, 2011 at 8:08 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Jackalope - November 25, 2011 at 8:48 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 25, 2011 at 11:04 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 7:04 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 26, 2011 at 9:04 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Erinome - November 26, 2011 at 9:17 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Erinome - November 26, 2011 at 9:29 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 26, 2011 at 6:05 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 5:57 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 26, 2011 at 6:28 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by kılıç_mehmet - November 26, 2011 at 8:02 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 9:25 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 10:25 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 11:29 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 11:42 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 1:16 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 2:08 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 3:36 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 27, 2011 at 4:08 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 27, 2011 at 11:06 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 27, 2011 at 11:36 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 27, 2011 at 1:41 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 6:03 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 6:55 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2866 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 8426 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 345 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 875 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 559 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1640 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  Eastern Europe is richer than Russia. Victory Interaktive 4 382 January 14, 2021 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 1112 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 417 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Punishment for rape in Turkey? Marry your rapist. Mechaghostman2 2 331 January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4