Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 24, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey's role in middle eastern politics
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics
(November 26, 2011 at 8:59 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Very much so. Especially for someone who knows very, very little.

Yes, my years of research on historic and current genocide on top of my professional experience writing about it for clients who obviously trust that I know much more than very little on the subject leave me with no experience whatsoever on the topic.

My first post did not instigate your conversation as you said it did. Re-read the thread. You made the claim that your reaction was due to my post, which was obviously a cop-out, easily refuted. If you are going to have a conversation that goes out of control, do not blame it on me when the entire conversation is recorded for everyone to see. Your biggest mistake was then replying to me pointing out the falsity of your claim with some roundabout insult on my intelligence.

Quote:I don't really know how it was relevant to the arab revolt or anything.
And then, 5th horsemen responded with a wikipedia link about the so-called armenian genocide. It was a blatant attempt.

I don't know if 5th linked it, but I know I did. It was not relevant until you made the claim that your country has only made self-harming mistakes, which is not true.

Quote:And the first page was without no virtual debate on the genocide subject, when you posted the second wikipedia link about the so-called genocide in the third page. How benign are you? However, I don't really blame you.
It's now almost a knee jerk reaction, thanks to armenian propaganda.

Ah, yes, it is so easy to fake mass deaths, mass graves and the testimony of your own countrymen. My first post was benign, which was what I said. You are now using a post after that to refute the claim that my first post was benign. You are seriously bad at following the timeline of conversations.

Quote:I don't see any bullet wounds. Even Turkish historians accept the fact that an unknown number of armenians have died during the deporations through various hardships.

Which falls under the stipulations for genocide. Hardships or bullet wounds, the willful killing remains. Besides, it wasn't the deportations that killed them.

Quote:But indeed, none of you actually know how bureaucratic the Ottomans actually were. They kept record of everything, and they also described very clearly in orders that the goal here was to deport them to somewhere where they could not hinder the Ottoman war effort. It's all there in the Ottoman archives. They're open for inspection.

Actually, I am quite aware of the records of the genocide. Most of the records were covered up, but what is left is sufficient to refute your claims. In fact, your country has had a policy of admitting to it and later backing down. Consistency would have helped, but you fucked yourselves. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Cou...E2%80%9320

Quote:Since we're on the debate, let me point out that Ottoman census gives clear numbers on the Armenian populace in Turkey.
It was about 1.5 million. The armenians claim that 1.5 million have died.

The Armenians don't claim it alone, kilic.

Quote:Camps? Where were those camps?

In Turkey.

Quote:Similar accusations have been made against the Germans in WWI by the british, and the Germans asked that their name be cleared after their surrender, and the brits agreed.

There were camps during WWII in Germany.

Quote:Speaking of slaughter, you probably don't know Kazım Karabekir, so let me put it down for ye.
Her daughter quotes from his memoirs: He arrived at Erzurum, and he was so close that he could see the teeth of the people who were on the walls. He saw them smiling, however once he got closer and closer, he saw that there was something odd with these people. They did not move, and as he got a little bit more closer, he saw that the armenians had impaled the Turks on the walls, as a last act of saying "fuck you", and their faces were distorted from the pain of the process.
This is the people whom we had "slaughtered" for no good reason, no reason at all.

Oh, it was okay for your country. I see.

Quote:Many Turks from villages who were raided by Armenian Hajduks report similar events.

I'm not surprised. Did you hear me once say that no other country has ever done anything wrong? My point is that yours did. One killing does not excuse another, in most cases, especially when it comes to innocent children.

Quote:You really speak based on what you hear from "wikipedia" other sources who do not take the Turkish side into consideration, or simply diss them as being wrong. This is us who have gone through the whole thing, not you.

Oh, please. I link Wikipedia because I figure it is easy to read. That doesn't mean I have never done any other research. Furthermore, unless you are the Terminator, you did not live through any of this. You know as much about it as I do, except your sources are biased.

Quote:And I'm not proud of "crimes against humanity", since there are none to speak of in the first place. There were acts of self-defense, acts of vengeance, acts of desperation.

Suuure they were, kilic. Whatever helps you.

Greeks got over it, kilic? Yeah, I am sure they did. Just because they didn't react with the utter violence that your country would have doesn't mean they are "over it." By the way, admitting that they are "over" something is admitting that they were wronged. You are contradicting yourself.

Messages In This Thread
Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by kılıç_mehmet - November 25, 2011 at 5:29 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 9:22 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 25, 2011 at 6:05 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Minimalist - November 25, 2011 at 6:22 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Minimalist - November 25, 2011 at 6:53 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 25, 2011 at 10:48 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Minimalist - November 25, 2011 at 8:08 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Jackalope - November 25, 2011 at 8:48 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 25, 2011 at 11:04 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 7:04 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 26, 2011 at 9:04 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Erinome - November 26, 2011 at 9:17 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Erinome - November 26, 2011 at 9:29 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 26, 2011 at 6:05 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 5:57 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 26, 2011 at 6:28 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 9:25 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 10:25 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 11:29 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 26, 2011 at 11:42 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 1:16 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 2:08 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 3:36 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 27, 2011 at 4:08 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 27, 2011 at 11:06 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by 5thHorseman - November 27, 2011 at 11:36 am
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Welsh cake - November 27, 2011 at 1:41 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 6:03 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 6:55 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics - by Shell B - November 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 3297 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 9752 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 365 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 1050 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 657 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1841 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  Eastern Europe is richer than Russia. Victory Interaktive 4 459 January 14, 2021 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 1666 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 479 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Punishment for rape in Turkey? Marry your rapist. Mechaghostman2 2 385 January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4