Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 5:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist
RE: If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist
(June 11, 2023 at 3:36 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(June 10, 2023 at 5:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Why does there have to be a test condition at all? God already knows who is going on a drug rampage and who is going to become a philanthropist. What is the point of killing children with cancer when the outcome is already known? 

Applauding the slow, painful death of children as an opportunity for their parents to serve God makes you a monster. You need to know this.

Boru

In order for God to be "fair and just" like he calls himself; such scenarios must exist and happen.
God knows the conclusion, but the drug dealer doesn't yet know the conclusion.

No. I'm not a monster. I have M.S that cripples me from driving or even having fun with friends. I'm tortured every moment by symptoms of M.S and by seeing people forgetting me and forgetting who I was. Damn sometimes I feel like a ghost.

Back to the topic:
It's all a test to see what we shall do when faced with disasters. It's like God is seeing our response to these disasters, then judge us each with their deed.

God is also described as 'merciful'. One cannot be both just and merciful (to a large extent, mercy is the denial of justice).

If God knows the conclusion beforehand, what is the point of judging us based on our reaction to disasters? To go a tad further, an omniscient God would know - before the drug dealer in your scenario was ever conceived - how he would turn out. This makes a very strong case that God creates people for the express purpose of damning them.

Being afflicted with MS has nothing to do with you being a monster.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - June 11, 2023 at 6:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 426 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 17406 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1406 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1639 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2272 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1049 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2464 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2669 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12685 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10846 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod