Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians.
What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians.
The Bible starts off with defining morality and giving context to it. Defining creation and it's reality with respect to God.  

I see the Bible emphasizes on God's hand on earth, mainly, that he chooses the likes of Adam and makes him an appointed Successors like Seth (his name even means appointed), and emphasized even with their names of their holy position.

He doesn't leave the earth to oppression of oppressors like Pharaoh by relieves them with people like Noah.

We see that the Bible emphasizes that Enoch and others were made in the image of God like Adam, and emphasizes on the exalted station of such souls.

We see that it emphasizes that the name of God was taken by wretched people not fit to take it but took on the mantle of this leadership and as a result humans who followed them and their claim became corrupt.

Samuel means "name of God" and so it seems this more subtle teaching in the Quran is more explicit in the Bible. The Guide on earth is the name of God but people take the mantle of representing God and his light among humans.

The household of Abraham is also a huge subject of the Bible. Souls like Isaac were more dear to Abraham from his offspring, and souls like Joseph, because of their holy position to God.

Jealousy surrounded these chosen souls especially from family members and close kin who were not chosen.  This is a common theme.

Where the Bible really starts to contradict itself is in two cases:

Aaron and his sons 
Saul

I read both accounts and it seems there was a lot from the Bible with God and Moses preparing people for the exalted guiding leadership (priesthood) of Aaron and his offspring, and that it was a covenant meant to be specific for him, and everlasting kingdom and authority.

Then we see 180 degrees change and a lot of sudden another person is a Prophet and Aaron dies and his sons don't take over because of corrupt behaviour as well.

We see this as well when Saul is appointed as King. We see verses show he was praised and great, than a contradiction where an evil spirit takes him.

We have to step back.

Why did the bible emphasize on the succession with respect to Adam, Noah, and as well went into lengthy details to emphasize on the chosen ones in the offspring of Abraham and Sarah.  Lot was also emphasized to be a cousin of Abraham.

Isn't this all to make way for Aaron and his chosen offspring.  Was not all the emphasis on Aaron and his family flowing well with the talk of the family of Abraham.

Was not the shirt Aaron was made to wear have meant similar respect to the shirt of Joseph?

Was not the ritual with Aaron and priesthood in him and his sons,  a major aspect of the covenant?

All that was turned around. 

But what is worse is the talk of Saul.

That is worse. Saul means "the sought for, the asked for".

He was named that before even children of Israel sought a king. We have to however go back to what King means in the Bible. Remember the covenant of Abraham with respect to Kings.

The name of God was taken by corrupt people but the high leadership (priesthood) was meant for chosen souls like Noah.

When Abraham is promised kings in his offspring, this authority is linked to God's authority. 

So what gives all of a sudden, that Samuel, who name means God's Name is not a true king, and that Saul is appointed as a different type of King? No, rather, the account of Quran of Samuel appointing Saul (Talut) makes more sense. And the sacred position of Aaron and his family also makes more sense in the Quran.  They were one family, Moses' family and Aaron's according to Quran.  Which is also something that makes more sense.

The talk of Seth (appointed) was all to show God selects holy souls and knows who to trust. Why is Saul an exception to this?  Why is he a divinely appointed King that get's corrupted.

It contradicts the whole thesis of the Bible. That the anointed Kings are holy chosen souls, who God trusts to lead humanity.

And most of the Bible doesn't even emphasize on the Prophethood aspect of the Prophets, but is emphasizing mostly on their leadership and authority and divine Kingship.

This is because the latter is taken by all sorts of people and claimed by all sorts of people, that is what is meant by they take the name of God.

Messiah means anointed one, and Saul was an anointed King.

This is why the Quran corrects the story of Talut and emphasizes the truth with respect to Aaron as well.

It is important because this where Bible and it's central theme will become confusing.

It's central message is the Mastery of God and his kingdom through his chosen ones. His vested authority in the pure exalted souls who are his images and name.

Samuel means name of God. Noah was "perfectly righteous" in his time.

What does this all mean?

What was the emphasis of Enoch being taken up all about?   This is all for shadowing that God can take away his face and name on earth from being with the people just as he did with Moses for forty years with children of Israel separated from him.

But there is always a means to God, a door to God, the name of God by which salvation is to be achieved.

When Jesus speaks about Mohammad he also had to say who was to be the praised one during the waiting period till the praised one is sent. 

And the spirit of God is not some metaphysical reality or 3rd of trinity or anything like that, it is what Samuel is named with and why bible emphasized on Adam being God's Image and that his successors were in his image as well.

And Seth means appointed. The first successor of Adam, was named "appointed". 

This to emphasized the priesthood (Exalted high guiding leadership) is meant for chosen souls. 

And indeed when Jesus was taken upon, he appointed and thus sends someone else in his place. That was Elijah.  He became the light of God on earth, the path, the way.

The spirit of God when was it there without a leader appointed by God. When was it ever Rabbis and Church?

The Bible emphasizes on chosen leadership for a reason. Not to be replaced by humans and the holy spirit lives in people through them being the connection.

Most of the Bible is on point of this. But then it has so many tangents that seem to be nothing but trying to blind people to this sound philosophy and reasoning.

This is what I See. This is how I read it.

And the one who Moses refers to the one being sent by God in the future and prays his knot would be lifted through him, but God get's upset and says you have Aaron is so people can understand the message. God got upset because Moses was giving on people understanding before he would send Mohammad and appointed his Twelve successors.  He said indeed you have Aaron who is your successor, so don't give on people understanding but strive to prepare people so that I may guide them by Aaron and his chosen offspring, through leadership that belongs to me, that I choose and pick from my servants who would carry this trust, who I anoint as true Kings on earth.
RE: What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians.
The "Three Little Pigs" starts off with just as much "morality" and keeps it throughout without all the rape and killing.

Change books, MK.
No one worthwhile cares what you see in the Bible, or the Koran, MK, and you shouldn’t either.
It's not morality. It's just orders from a more powerful entity. No different than any other Human with money and power, commanding the masses to do what he says, or face death for their "sins". This whole things about bloodlines, and who is descended from who, is a silly and outdated concept. As if there's anything special about who your ancestor was, besides what material possessions you may inherit because of that.

You talk of jealousy being a common theme? What else would you expect from creatures made in the image of a god that claims he is jealous? How can a society not become corrupt, when their "morality" is based on one guy dictating laws because he's more powerful than the rest? Instead of empathy, and understanding for different points of view? That in itsself breeds corruption.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Guess the Jews and Christians must be doing it wrong then.
Who cares?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
What I see in the Bible are enough pages - of genuine paper! - to hold the covers apart.  Bona fide miracle, that is.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yeah. Actual trees died to make that shit.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 31, 2017 at 7:02 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Yeah. Actual trees died to make that shit.

BRILLIANT!  'Trees Die For YOUR Sins' is going to be my next t-shirt.  It should piss off theists AND anti-environmentalists.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 35151 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 43901 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6379 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Saints writings on Jews Fake Messiah 14 2440 December 21, 2019 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3791 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5523 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7589 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3858 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  How do atheists see Jesus' parables? drfuzzy 92 14291 November 3, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  ...And then there are the days He is silent. Drich 75 16394 May 3, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear