Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 4:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist
RE: If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist
(June 13, 2023 at 9:53 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(June 13, 2023 at 8:11 am)R-Farmer Wrote: I disagree. just look at your default presupposition on who and what God is supposed to be.. This idea of perfection can also be found in super early church writings. Where do you think you got it from? What the Bible says is this idea of man's perfection is wrong. the idea of God having to be our perfect version of God is wrong. Rather because God is the master creator He becomes the standard bearer of what perfection is. So even if he retains a trait that 'we' see as being flawed, it is our judgement that is flawed, and what ever perceived attribute we have identified is in fact apart of God's perfection.

God does not have to yield to our standard of perfection inorder to be God.

And if you took say, eggs and baby animals instead of full grown adults? If eggs were taken that would represent all avian reptiles and amphibians which would take up a fraction of the space and eliminate the need to feed them. (that's 3/4s of every class of creature on the planet.) Then if you took baby mammals all you would need is a large source of milk and that would also take up a fraction of the space and reduce the needs for most of the food.

That said the story of the ark is not a logistical tale of how one man saved the world from an angry God, but how God used and helped one man save the world from a level of sin it had never seen before or have seen since.

If only the Bible had thought to mention Noah was gathering eggs and babies aboard the ark, you wouldn't have to make those details up to explain the logistics problems. Remember that Noah only built the ark, the animals arrived under their own power, from all over the world. I suppose the eggs rolled over land and sea to get there? You're twisting reason into a pretzel to justify an explanation for surviving a global flood that there's no evidence happened in the first place. It seems like you'd be in a better postition sticking with the metaphorical lessons of the tale, since you acknoweledge that aspect of it anyway.

Noah did not gather anything God delivered it to him.
20 Two of every kind of bird, animal, and creeping thing will come to you so that you might keep them alive.

Quote:I suppose the eggs rolled over land and sea to get there?

Or the animals came and left eggs..

Quote:You're twisting reason into a pretzel to justify an explanation for surviving a global flood that there's no evidence happened in the first place. It seems like you'd be in a better postition sticking with the metaphorical lessons of the tale, since you acknoweledge that aspect of it anyway.

Administrator Notice
Stop with the links till you reach 30/30.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist - by R-Farmer - June 13, 2023 at 1:35 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 442 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 17456 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1408 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1664 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2292 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1058 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2487 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2670 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12699 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10858 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod