Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
(July 22, 2023 at 11:19 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Anthony Flew became a Deistic Theist after many years of discussions and debates, including with Dr. William Lane Craig, God Bless him for it.

Anthony Flew, seemingly at the very door of Christianity and Salvation also said: "The evidence for the Resurrection is better than for claimed miracles in any other religion. It's outstandingly different in quality and quantity.” Amen. Well said. And yet we do not know if he made the final leap of faith before the end of his life; I hope for his sake that he did, so that he could now be in Heaven, or at least in Purgatory, and destined for Heaven in its own due time.

But all this goes to show, evidence does matter, arguments do matter, and they help people, in due time, who want to know the Truth, come to be saved. I agree with Dr. Craig's approach on the subject generally, which is also very Augustino-Thomistic, and places Logic and Reason in its proper place.

-and if he didn't, then he's in the other place, according to your understanding of a fairy tale.  

The sign off at the end, though, about logic and reason being put in it's proper place, is closer to what and why you actually believe.  Not based upon arguments or debate, no more so than anyone else..or, in fact, any of the atheists here. You're swirling the drain of contemporary cultural framing..where people who believe and people who don't argue over who has the better claim to reason, not who better argued their way into either position - because none of us did. Both sides in that disagreement have come to see the value of reason as determinative, even when it isn't operative. In this, you're as secularized as the next atheist in line, and facing the same fate as flew, in your understanding.

Do you want to be a good..or at least proficient.... advocate and disseminator for your faith? Cut all this horseshit out. You know you didn't argue your way into it. You know you've never argued anyone else into it, and you know you've never met anyone who's been argued into it. Lean into world building. Lean into moral community. Talk about the world as you wish it were, as you think it should be. Every moment you spend arguing with reality as it is is completely wasted and thoroughly counterproductive. Just you taking up doomed positions for fear that without them, your worldview will crumble. If your worldview is so uninteresting that you won't talk about it, and so fragile that it needs a cretins defense...then nvm. Forget everything I said, you have nothing worth sharing, nothing worth calling a religion, and nothing worthy of a god, if there were one. Continue along, as per your usual, the butt of a joke that you're not in on.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress. - by The Grand Nudger - July 22, 2023 at 12:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 8198 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  An infinite progress FortyTwo 185 16221 September 13, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anthropic Principle vs Goddidit Coffee Jesus 39 5701 April 24, 2014 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  "The Judeo-Christian God Is Infinite"-Einstein michaelsherlock 7 3104 April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Phil