Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 24, 2024, 9:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has Christianity truly contributed to humanity
RE: What has Christianity truly contributed to humanity
Now, let's make the Positive Case that Christianity is Good and Great even irrespective of the question of its Truth before coming to the objections:

1. The Moral Greatness of and Goodness of Christianity is proven by the Goodness and Greatness of its Divine Founder:

The Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, after showing the astonishing and unheard of Love never done before by any Jewish Rabbi, or any Pagan Philosopher, namely the Perfect Humility of washing His own Disciples' Feet, before He was going to die and lay down His Life for His Friends, and even His Enemies, on the Cross, then gave the Divine Commandment that sums up the Greatness of Christianity: "12So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, “Do you =know what I have done to you? 13[/url]You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. 14[/url]If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them ... 33Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you. 34A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13)

Jesus Christ loved His Friends even unto Death, i.e. (1) to laying down His Life and Sacrificing Himself for them. He then gave His Friends the Moral Commandment to show the same Love to all their Friends, i.e. (2) to lay down their lives for them if necessary, either to save their souls, or to help their material needs, as many Saints have done. From this it follows not only that (3) Christianity is the Religion of Love and Peace but (4) such a Great Religion of Love and Peace as has never existed before or since. And that His Apostles, including the same Apostle St. John who wrote these words, understood this case is proven from that Apostle's Words. "By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." (1 Jn 3:16)

All - certainly all who live in Christian Countries - know and have heard of John 3:16. This is 1 Jn 3:16. Jn 3:16 is about God's Love for us, that God so Loved the World that He gave His Only Begotten Son that whosoever would believe in Him would have Eternal Life and Eternal Happiness. 1 Jn 3:16 is the necessary obligation of love that the Holy Gospel demands in return from Christians - namely that we should love and live and die for one another. Christianity is thus so Great and Glorious that only a Soul who Hates Humanity could possibly attack these Great Gospel Values.

If it is not so, then explain why with clear reasons.

2. Second, Jesus Christ is the Only One in All History Who has ever taught to love not only one's Friends, but even those who wrongly consider you their Enemy, i.e. your so-called Enemies, and nobody else has said to Love One's Enemies than Jesus Christ. He said this in His Famous Sermon on the Mount:

Mat 5:"11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you ...

43You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbors and ‘Hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,s 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?

48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

These words speak for themselves. They have never been matched by any Philosopher or Moralist Modern or Ancient. Let him, or her, answer who can. And btw the Early Christians did this when Malicious Christophobic Bigots such as Christ-hating Roman Pagans persecuted them badly.

And 360 MN Christians are still suffering badly in the world today in the Greatest Ongoing Genocide, Holocaust and Persecution of our time, and many very bad people - especially Militant Atheists - are culpably silent and refuse to condemn it. Now, to the objections in the subsequent post.

From this, Two things follow btw that (1) Christianity is Good and Great because its Founder was and His Commands were (2) that Darwino-Marxist Militant Atheism, that falsely claims in its wretched spiritual blindness that Christianity is allegedly "evil" is totally evil itself.

The Bible rightly warns: "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." speaking of such misguided souls and blind guides as the Militant Atheists of today, who claim Christianity is allegedly "evil".

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has Christianity truly contributed to humanity - by Nishant Xavier - July 30, 2023 at 4:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Little Wine From Corinth: A Short Dialogue by Yours Truly Mudhammam 2 938 April 9, 2017 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7199 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity has gotten Lazy with the miracles: Spooky 59 14663 December 25, 2014 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Nope
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8606 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18587 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Pope; gay marriage threat to humanity's future Dee Dee Ramone 34 10392 December 26, 2012 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Lucifer/Satan the Tragic Hero of humanity gorgonopsid 5 7038 November 8, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t