Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 1:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question about the positive things in life
RE: Question about the positive things in life
(September 16, 2023 at 4:26 pm)brewer Wrote:
(September 16, 2023 at 3:24 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Very well, if that is what you want.

For one example, if you are happy with the business you own, that is good. If your business is doing good for others, that is good too.

BUT if your business is doing good for you, but is harming others (like with pollution), and you do nothing about to to keep it being good and avoid getting in trouble, that is bad, right?

Another example of good being bad is when you feel love for someone, but it is unnecessarily high and it leads you to stalk someone or even go as far as harm them to keep them with you, or loving someone to the point of dangerous obsession.

By the way, I am not saying anything I say as truth, just a bit of worry for something about humanity.

Good mixed with bad?

Kind of, if I understand right. Well, I guess another example is if one's emotions are hurt, and the person does not want to continue doing something to improve, when they can overcome that. I have heard and said many times that pain, which probably includes emotional pain is an illusion. On the illusion part of what I said, I think our minds are not as accustomed to bad things that don't kill us, let alone ruin our lives (otherwise, too much abuse and something that ruins one's life, whether or not it is beyond repair, is not a good thing, so those do not count), even though they can help in some way if we accept them and use them to improve ourselves. I just think the pain from one's feelings getting hurt is an illusion, an obstacle to getting better for humans, like getting one's reputation tarnished for doing something bad, but as long as it is not too bad and you can repair it, that is okay.

Now, on what I said about good things being like drugs, good things don't usually cause physical harm in the way drugs are, but I do think they can blind one if they enjoy it too much. Like someone wanting to do a hobby like playing and not do anything else but that, because they enjoy it too much.

But I digress. I am only showing concern here that some humans do not understand this. That is all. But I guess it is more of bad resulting from good rather than a direct mix of it. Plus, good is not absolute here, as I mean it as if it were relative between people.

Messages In This Thread
Question about the positive things in life - by ShinyCrystals - September 15, 2023 at 5:58 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by GrandizerII - September 16, 2023 at 10:12 am
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by brewer - September 16, 2023 at 12:10 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by zwanzig - September 16, 2023 at 3:06 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by brewer - September 16, 2023 at 4:26 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by ShinyCrystals - September 16, 2023 at 4:43 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by zwanzig - September 16, 2023 at 3:11 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by Angrboda - September 16, 2023 at 4:47 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by zwanzig - September 16, 2023 at 4:48 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by Angrboda - September 16, 2023 at 5:01 pm
RE: Question about the positive things in life - by Angrboda - September 17, 2023 at 6:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm Covid-19 Positive AFTT47 12 1205 August 16, 2020 at 11:07 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] The Positive Affirmations Thread Shell B 22 1749 January 20, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Shell B