Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] The Positive Affirmations Thread
The Positive Affirmations Thread
Seen a good positive affirmation? Want to share it with someone who could use it? Here's your chance.

Here are a few for you.

No odds are too great to beat. (Shout out to Mom, who could easily defy the odds with her attitude.)

Nothing lasts forever, so any problem you're dealing with today can be gone tomorrow.
RE: The Positive Affirmations Thread
No matter what you do or don't do on any given day, as long as you learn something new, that day wasn't wasted.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If all you do in one day is make someone else smile, you are contributing.
Learn from your mistakes, but don't suffer for them.
Dying to live, living to die.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

That one I saw on the wall in the 6th grade and it has always stuck with me.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(January 10, 2019 at 6:45 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

That one I saw on the wall in the 6th grade and it has always stuck with me.

My father had a version of that: 'It is better to shoot for the moon, miss and hit an eagle, than it is to shoot for an eagle, miss and hit a rock.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
This is serious. 

I like being a wimp, it keeps me out of trouble.
Someone you view as your enemy is never evil in their own eyes.  Knowing this makes it easier to deal with them.

Boru
I hope the rest of your day is as nice as you've been this morning.

(Works both ways.) If the person has been nice, then it's a positive. If they've been an ass, it's a curse upon the rest of their day and everyone else who hears it will be trying their damnedest to keep from laughing.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
Plotinus (Ennead I.6): Eye never saw the sun without becoming sunlike, nor soul beauty without becoming beautiful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about the positive things in life ShinyCrystals 23 1057 September 17, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  I'm Covid-19 Positive AFTT47 12 1105 August 16, 2020 at 11:07 am
Last Post: brewer