Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Covid-19 Positive
I'm Covid-19 Positive
I tested positive on Monday, the 10th of August. I was convinced that I was a gonner if I contracted the disease because of me being very overweight, having an afib heartbeat and high blood pressure - albeit controlled through medication. I also have a drinking problem. I'm 61 years old. As it turned out though, it was nothing to me. I lost my appetite for several days and felt very weak. I slept for 10 hours a day for about 3 days. But that was it. It's been almost a week now and I have no symptoms at all.

Strange disease. It's killed people younger than me and (I thought) less vulnerable.

Obviously, I'm grateful. This thing scared the crap out of me but turned out to be no threat at all.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: I'm Covid-19 Positive
Glad you’re okay.

It is indeed a weird disease in how it affects everyone differently.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Hug

Gad you're okay.

Now get in that lab so we can experiment on you for a quicker cure!

Heart

I joke, I joke!
I'm still wearing a surgical mask and disposable gloves when I go shopping.  Exclamation
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Really glad you're okay.

Make sure you continue to take care of yourself.
Dying to live, living to die.
Stay strong, dude!

I'm mumble-mumble years old, diabetic, CHF, AFIB, pericarditis, COPD, diabetes, cervical kyphosis and lordosis (not relevant, but I'm ringing the bell like crazy.) Other than that I'm fine. -ish.
There are several strains of the corona virus. You probably contracted a mild strain.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Glad you dodged one.

Got any idea where/how you were exposed?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 16, 2020 at 12:06 am)AFTT47 Wrote: I tested positive on Monday, the 10th of August. I was convinced that I was a gonner if I contracted the disease because of me being very overweight, having an afib heartbeat and high blood pressure - albeit controlled through medication. I also have a drinking problem. I'm 61 years old. As it turned out though, it was nothing to me. I lost my appetite for several days and felt very weak. I slept for 10 hours a day for about 3 days. But that was it. It's been almost a week now and I have no symptoms at all.

Strange disease. It's killed people younger than me and (I thought) less vulnerable.

Obviously, I'm grateful. This thing scared the crap out of me but turned out to be no threat at all.
That's awful . I'm glad your okay .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Good that you're apparently OK!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about the positive things in life ShinyCrystals 23 981 September 17, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Covid normal? ignoramus 5 384 January 4, 2022 at 11:37 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] The Positive Affirmations Thread Shell B 22 1621 January 20, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Shell B