Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 11:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Navy atheist required to pray, say “Amen”, and feign hatred of atheists
#8
RE: Navy atheist required to pray, say “Amen”, and feign hatred of atheists
It is difficult to imagine a valid military reason for the order so I am assuming that there wasn't one.

Would a committed Christian pretend to be an atheist just because he was ordered to do so? Somehow I doubt it. If singled out with that order, I think the appropriate response is, 'Sir, no sir!' If he was just one of a parade expected to give a joint response he could have just kept his mouth shut.

I hope I would have had the courage to refuse a direct order and trust that the ultimate consequence will fall back upon the bastard giving the order.

I hope someone here with a military background can explain the likely consequence of refusing.
A sensible man should not demand of me, or hope that when we mention a subject, we shall make a complete exposition of it. - Maimonides
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Navy atheist required to pray, say “Amen”, and feign hatred of atheists - by Aardverk - February 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things atheists say: Goatherders Data 45 11102 September 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 3096 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 21120 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 8364 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 4542 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 4853 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 33492 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 6281 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 4585 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What the Bible Does NOT Say About Premarital Sex Rhondazvous 30 10948 January 25, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)