Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 9:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your complaint with Christianity?
RE: What is your complaint with Christianity?
Quote:don't single yourself out, because you're not special. I reject every cult that worships man-made gods.

Only talking about christianity here.
-------------------------------------------

Quote:There is no evidence any of it is true.

Quote:1. there's no evidence that it's correct and there is evidence that suggests it isn't.

Yet God does not require the use of physical evidence and evidence can be used to convict innocent people.
----------------------------------------

Quote:1. it spreads denial of science, preventing science education and slowing scientific progress

True Christianity does not reject science, it rejects the lies secular science produces. We are not preventing scientific education, we just want it done correctly. it seems you are making evolution and science one in the same.
--------------------------------------------

Quote:2. I feel it has an overall negative impact on the world, through bigotry, (of gays and such) violence (look at the historical church

Quote:Using the Bible as an excuse for hatred and bigotry or possibly just pretending to

Whose definition of those words are you using? Does not God have the right to say who can come into His kingdom and who can't? Does not God have the right to punish those who disobey? (since we are talking about Christianity, God will be mentioned so let's forget the points about existence as those are discussed elsewhere).

Don't you all do the same thing when it comes to your homes, your families?
--------------------------------------

Quote:Christianity suppresses individual choice, promotes anti-intellectualism and does it on the word of a 2,000 year old book that's no longer relevant

How so? One gets to choose to accept God's word or reject it. Once it is accepted, then one must follow those words. They made a choice and stuck with it.

No it doesn't promote anti-intellectualism. I think you confuse the words and actions of supposed christians and do not read what the Bible says. God said to 'study', Paul was educated, Luke was a doctor, Solomon had wisdom. Intellectualism as part of christianity has to follow God's way or it is in disobedience.
---------------------------------------

Quote:What distaste I do have for Christianity stems from people like you, to be frank

Which tells me that anything I post will be subjectivity determined by a group of biased people influenced by their distatse for believers and not objectively done with honesty using a commonly acceopted definition agreed to by all.
---------------------------------------

Quote:oh wise one.

I was hoping that you all would refrain from making such snide remarks.
----------------------------------------

Quote:I do not believe Christianity's claim that there is a god any morre than I believe anyone else's.

Its your choice but why? What makes the existence of God so distasteful for you?
-----------------------------------

Quote:In that book, it espouses cruelty and hate-mongering

So verses like: 1. do unto others...; 2. Love those that hate you...; 3. Return good for evil...' 4. Love thy neighbor as thyself...; and many others are teaching cruelty and hate mongering?
--------------------------------------------------

Quote:God has no say

God said it in the Bible but you reject those words, what can a believer do then? Jesus calls people to follow Him not other humans, maybe you should see the difference first.

Yes we have preachers etc., as sometimes peope need things explained to them so that they understand it better. Sadly, too many people misuse their position of authority and try to force their ways, not God's, upon others. That is wrong.

Got to go. will try to pick this up later.
(May 9, 2012 at 6:04 pm)Faith No More Wrote: My complaint with Christianity?

Christians such as yourself, DT.

Yet what did I do to you?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is your complaint with Christianity? - by DeeTee - May 9, 2012 at 6:06 pm
RE: What is your complaint with Christianity? - by Ryft - May 11, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7233 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  sick of your threats Christianity! atheist04330 12 2034 July 13, 2014 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8651 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18605 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  What's your problem with christianity? gitonga 102 40253 May 25, 2013 at 12:37 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Church receives complaint over God-heals leaflet Welsh cake 4 1664 June 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist