Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 8:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one.
RE: I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one.
(May 18, 2012 at 9:40 am)jackman Wrote:
(May 18, 2012 at 9:34 am)Phil Wrote: Define sentient. If you mean conscious, yes he is sentient. If you mean able to feel, no but by that criteria there are many people that wouldn't be considered sentient (and many more that would only be considered part sentient). Still, the question has been asked. How do you define a person?

i'm trying to determine what would make someone say he's not human. so if his lack sentience describes how they feel that way, then at least i'd understand where that thought came from. yes, conscience imo does it. to me, the child is a baby, regardless what is described about his condition.

As both Paul and I have pointed out, he IS a human. There is just no operator. He doesn't know he exists, I don't see how he can. I'm not being mean, it's just the truth. The same goes for anyone who is so severely mentally handicapped that they have almost no brain function. Hence the term, "vegetable".
(May 18, 2012 at 9:43 am)Phil Wrote:
(May 18, 2012 at 9:40 am)jackman Wrote: i'm trying to determine what would make someone say he's not human. so if his lack sentience describes how they feel that way, then at least i'd understand where that thought came from. yes, conscience imo does it. to me, the child is a baby, regardless what is described about his condition.

I really would like to hear how Morshun and Paul define a person. In their zeal to define a person so as to make this baby a non-person, I can assure you they will eliminate quite a few other people from personhood.

Paul has expressed no further interest in the discussion but I do not mind. Although we are terribly off topic, lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one. - by fuckass365 - May 18, 2012 at 9:44 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There may be a god but it isnt your one Sam Polter 20 5073 August 4, 2015 at 6:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Ghosts: What I saw, but I still can't logically believe in them x2theone2x 25 5246 July 15, 2014 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  have you ever seen something weird paulpablo 21 7206 January 10, 2013 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  On the topic of "ghosts" fuckass365 7 4084 May 18, 2012 at 9:52 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  Ghosts Phil 1 2093 March 17, 2012 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Why do ghosts have to wear sheets over their heads. Ziploc Surprise 14 11640 February 17, 2012 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas