Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the topic of "ghosts"
On the topic of "ghosts"
I've heard some pretty compelling EVP's, however I remain skeptical of their validity. If you were to capture one of your own that was a clear response, not just static interference, what would you think of it?
RE: On the topic of "ghosts"
(May 18, 2012 at 9:05 am)Mosrhun Wrote: I've heard some pretty compelling EVP's, however I remain skeptical of their validity. If you were to capture one of your own that was a clear response, not just static interference, what would you think of it?

Tape not fully erased, auditory pareidolia, hallucination, background noise, etc...

EVPs are evidence of nothing.
(May 18, 2012 at 9:09 am)Phil Wrote:
(May 18, 2012 at 9:05 am)Mosrhun Wrote: I've heard some pretty compelling EVP's, however I remain skeptical of their validity. If you were to capture one of your own that was a clear response, not just static interference, what would you think of it?

Tape not fully erased, auditory pareidolia, hallucination, background noise, etc...

EVPs are evidence of nothing.

Tape? Is this 1996? Valid points though.
Let me think about it....
By the by...how is the youngin' Daddy?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
self delusion, hallucination, temporary insanity, class A drugs.
Just like god, UFO's and the loch ness monster, there's never been a single credible piece of evidence to support it.
Video evidence is worthless these days as it can be manipulated so easily. Even if I saw with my own eyes I'd assume it was just an acid flashback to 1997
So would it be a waste of my time to attempt and capture an EVP and share it with you guys in the future?

@Kichi, driving me insane Tongue
where do they get their clothes? is there a ghost fashion boutique? a friend of mine posed this question the other day, so i looked it up.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghosthunt...042708.htm

laughable bullshit.

i had a few strange, seemingly supernatural experiences in my life. just because there seemed to be no logical explanation at the time, doesn't mean there wasn't one.

(May 18, 2012 at 9:48 am)aleialoura Wrote: where do they get their clothes? is there a ghost fashion boutique? a friend of mine posed this question the other day, so i looked it up.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghosthunt...042708.htm

laughable bullshit.

i had a few strange, seemingly supernatural experiences in my life. just because there seemed to be no logical explanation at the time, doesn't mean there wasn't one.

I'm not talking about physically seeing a "ghost", just capturing voice phenomenon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghosts: What I saw, but I still can't logically believe in them x2theone2x 25 5081 July 15, 2014 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one. MrSqurk 96 33796 May 22, 2012 at 11:04 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  Ghosts Phil 1 2077 March 17, 2012 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Why do ghosts have to wear sheets over their heads. Ziploc Surprise 14 11511 February 17, 2012 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas