Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have you ever seen something weird
have you ever seen something weird
Have you ever seen something that you couldnt explain, or witnessed something in anyway which you couldnt explain?

I did once see a strange flying glowing orange object outside my work but that could have been anything.
The one thing that i can say i have seen which i still cant explain is this.
One day i was running with my friend down a road, we heard the sound of aproaching water noise, when i spoke about it to my friend later we both said we thought it was the same thing, a truck driving down the road and the sound was its wheels along a wet road. So we didnt even turn around but then we saw a line of rain go past us, this was what was creating the aproaching noise, it then showered over our heads, go past us so that it wasnt showering over us anymore and carry on down the road. then it came back and went up the road where we had just been.
I dont know if this is a very good description but just imagine a columb of rain like in the cartoons how you see a somone whos depressed and a rain cloud follows them.

-- 1 1-------------00------------

---------------------------1 00 1--------------------

------------------------------00---------------------1 1------------------

imagine if me and my friend are the two 00s and the rain is inbetween the two 1s this is basically the progression it made. then it reversed back over us and left
Some people say it was just a narrow raincloud but ive never witnessed anything like this before or since, and it seemed so specific, i was in school at the time and when i tryed to describe it to my other friends they just thought i was a bit of a weirdo and when i told my dad he said it might have been wetness coming off a plane or something as one theory but i doubt that.
Id like to add i dont believe in paranormal things but id like to hear if any other people have seen weird stuff or if you have an explanation to what i witnessed

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: have you ever seen something weird
The only thing I can think of was when I was 9. I walked into the garage coming from the kitchen and I vividly saw hundreds of roaches running across the floor. I saw them for like 1 second before I panicked and shut the door and ran back into the house. A few minutes later I opened the door to the garage again and didn't seen anything. Guessing it was a hallucination. I had watched a Twilight Zone marathon that same day which at the time was the scariest show I ever saw. So over active imagination fueled by horror shows.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I've seen things I could not explain, but nothing which has felt inexplicable.
(January 9, 2013 at 2:57 am)Ryantology Wrote: I've seen things I could not explain, but nothing which has felt inexplicable.

Fucking nonsense!
(January 8, 2013 at 11:16 am)paulpablo Wrote: id like to hear if any other people have seen weird stuff or if you have an explanation to what i witnessed

one of the gods pissed on you.

Now think of Job in the Bible and consider yourself lucky.
[Image: Evolution.png]

To the OP:

Fuck, dude. If you now try to use drugs as an excuse, your drugs are lame.

I have much more respect for flute stuffed pussy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYWQAg12Ko0
When I go out on the water I wear old prescription sunglasses, I often misinterpret what I'm seeing.
The sanity of those who saw miraculous things is often questioned, funnily not so often their eyesight.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(January 8, 2013 at 11:16 am)paulpablo Wrote: Have you ever seen something that you couldnt explain, or witnessed something in anyway which you couldnt explain?

I did once see a strange flying glowing orange object outside my work but that could have been anything.
The one thing that i can say i have seen which i still cant explain is this.
One day i was running with my friend down a road, we heard the sound of aproaching water noise, when i spoke about it to my friend later we both said we thought it was the same thing, a truck driving down the road and the sound was its wheels along a wet road. So we didnt even turn around but then we saw a line of rain go past us, this was what was creating the aproaching noise, it then showered over our heads, go past us so that it wasnt showering over us anymore and carry on down the road. then it came back and went up the road where we had just been.
I dont know if this is a very good description but just imagine a columb of rain like in the cartoons how you see a somone whos depressed and a rain cloud follows them.

-- 1 1-------------00------------

---------------------------1 00 1--------------------

------------------------------00---------------------1 1------------------

imagine if me and my friend are the two 00s and the rain is inbetween the two 1s this is basically the progression it made. then it reversed back over us and left
Some people say it was just a narrow raincloud but ive never witnessed anything like this before or since, and it seemed so specific, i was in school at the time and when i tryed to describe it to my other friends they just thought i was a bit of a weirdo and when i told my dad he said it might have been wetness coming off a plane or something as one theory but i doubt that.
Id like to add i dont believe in paranormal things but id like to hear if any other people have seen weird stuff or if you have an explanation to what i witnessed

Argggggg. Yea and so what? I hate questions like this. It really is fodder for woo mongers.

When you or anyone sees something you don't understand or can't explain, that is all it means. It does not constitute the conspiracy Area 51 or flying saucer or little green men guff. All it means is that you saw something that freaked you out.

That really is no different than when people say to me at work "you read my mind", not understanding that I simply have my eyes open and am just more aware of what is going on. They never take into account the other times where I don't anticipate or get it wrong.

It is merely the same flaw of gap filling and selection bias and sample rate errors.

It is perfectly ok to say "I don't know", but it is not ok to start a thread like this without some sort of rational explanation as to why we as a species "freak out" when "mysterious" things happen.

So again, yea, I've had "weird" things I've seen that cause me to say "WTF" but all that means is that I reacted to a very natural event with a very natural flawed human perception.

What is not happening in any of these cases is all the woo crap you see on cable TV. The only right and rational thing one can say in cases like this is "I don't know", but we don't have to fill in those gaps with si fi or wooish garbage.
Quote:When you or anyone sees something you don't understand or can't explain, that is all it means.

So youre saying when i see something i dont understand i see something i dont understand, thats pretty self explanatory. And i didnt say i thought it was area 51 causing the rain either which is a weird assumption to come to from you.

Quote:That really is no different than when people say to me at work "you read my mind", not understanding that I simply have my eyes open and am just more aware of what is going on.

Well first of all unless the people you work with literally think you can read their mind, i think your taking the expression "you read my mind" way too seriously. And second of all how is people in your work thinking along similar lines to you and saying "you read my mind" similar in any way to me seeing something to do with rain patterns that i cant explain.

Quote:It is perfectly ok to say "I don't know", but it is not ok to start a thread like this without some sort of rational explanation as to why we as a species "freak out" when "mysterious" things happen.

I put this thread in the skepticism section because i am a skeptic on everything yet i have seen a couple of things in my life which i havent been able to explain, i didnt literally freak out when saw this thing and start believing in god or aliens.

Quote:What is not happening in any of these cases is all the woo crap you see on cable TV. The only right and rational thing one can say in cases like this is "I don't know", but we don't have to fill in those gaps with si fi or wooish garbage

I dont know why you keep mentioning sci fi, and i dont know what woo is and you keep mentioning that either. Its just a simple question have you ever seen anything you couldnt explain as far as im aware youre the only person whos brought up anything to do with sci fi on this thread.

(January 9, 2013 at 2:52 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: The only thing I can think of was when I was 9. I walked into the garage coming from the kitchen and I vividly saw hundreds of roaches running across the floor. I saw them for like 1 second before I panicked and shut the door and ran back into the house. A few minutes later I opened the door to the garage again and didn't seen anything. Guessing it was a hallucination. I had watched a Twilight Zone marathon that same day which at the time was the scariest show I ever saw. So over active imagination fueled by horror shows.

I did the same thing actually but i was about 19 and i saw a huge moth on the wall of my kitchen, way too big to be real considering i live in england and we dont have moths the size of which i saw but when i got back it was gone. My only explanation for this is just seeing things or an acid flashback or id been smoking weed too much at the time.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 8, 2013 at 11:16 am)paulpablo Wrote: Have you ever seen something that you couldnt explain, or witnessed something in anyway which you couldnt explain?

Yes... I have watched the Tom Green film "Freddy Got Fingered" many times. I still can't fully explain what I have seen.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A weird conversation Asmodee 6 1169 February 22, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Asmodee
  I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one. MrSqurk 96 33436 May 22, 2012 at 11:04 am
Last Post: fuckass365