Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one.
RE: I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one.
(May 18, 2012 at 10:46 am)Mosrhun Wrote:
(May 18, 2012 at 10:40 am)Phil Wrote: Define cognitive thought. I mean what is it. Define what a thought is. To make this simpler, I mean physically what it is.

I don't know how I could physically define what cognitive thought is. A quick google search yields the following:

"The cerebrum, or forebrain, forms the bulk of the brain. The cerebrum is formed of a large mass of white and gray neural fiber in the upper cranium. It is responsible for the higher thought to process (memory, judgement, reason), processing sensory data, and with initiating willful motor processes, such as voluntary muscle flexion. The cerebrum is composed of two lateral halves, which feature a number of wrinkles, and furrows and which are connected in the middle of the medulla. The cerebrum is descriptively divided into four sections, or lobes, named for the cranial bones, which they are nearest: the frontal lobe, the occipital lobe, the parietal lobe, and the temporal lobe."

You previously stated that he does not have a forebrain, which would mean he lacks those underlined functions.

Since you like wikipedia so much, how about looking up what it says under cognition and then look up what controls bottom up attention. You have no problem defining a person as something with cognitive thought but you can't define cognitive thought? Sorry but that just smells bad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one. - by Phil - May 18, 2012 at 10:51 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There may be a god but it isnt your one Sam Polter 20 5059 August 4, 2015 at 6:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Ghosts: What I saw, but I still can't logically believe in them x2theone2x 25 5230 July 15, 2014 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  have you ever seen something weird paulpablo 21 7180 January 10, 2013 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  On the topic of "ghosts" fuckass365 7 4079 May 18, 2012 at 9:52 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  Ghosts Phil 1 2090 March 17, 2012 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Why do ghosts have to wear sheets over their heads. Ziploc Surprise 14 11621 February 17, 2012 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas