Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 4:58 am

Poll: Everyone here, if you had to choose 1, evidence or faith, choose.
This poll is closed.
evidence
92.31%
12 92.31%
faith
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not taking any more BS.
RE: Not taking any more BS.
(October 29, 2008 at 10:29 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: My Evidence
=========
Witness One
=========
One morning I woke up and I heard a voice say to me "How would you like to be stabbed and attacked in the valley"? The valley was the tough end of town, and I was a little afraid as I was going to be visiting the valley that day. Despite being a little afraid by the voice, thinking maybe I had done something wrong andd was going to be stabbed. I went down to the valley (after work I think it was), and I went up to a man and asked him out to church, he said "No I am an athiest". I said "fine", and just kept the conversation going. Soon after he said to me "This is why I don't believe in God", he opened up his shirt and showed me stab wounds, where he had been attacked with a knife in the valley some years before. I knew then that I was asked how would I like to be stabbed so I could sympathise with him. Latter of the way home (I took him home to his house) I bought up the story of what I had been told, he became very open to talking about God. SOme weeks latter he came out to church and became a christian.

Very touching, but being stabbed and surviving it happens all the time, it has absolutely no bearing on whether or not a god or gods exist. Classic case of "Shit happens". I don't wish this on anyone, whether Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, or volcano worshiper. Bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people, no belief in the world will change that.

(October 29, 2008 at 10:29 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: Witness 2
=======
One day I was on my computer and was told Steve Erwin would die. Steve Erwin was a very famous person in our country. I was told to contact him and share the gospel with him. I was not certain of the voice, so I did not act (partly due to the fear). However some months latter steve Erwin was attacked by a sting ray and died as a result, the voice turned out to be telling the truth.

Odds of a guy like Steve Irwin dying by an animal are already stacked hugely in favor of it, I was 99% certain it would happen at some time. Even months before he died. That it was a Stingray that did it was a surprise to me I admit. Still that is no evidence one way or another.

(October 29, 2008 at 10:29 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: Witness 3
=======
I was praying asking God to reveal to me cures for common diseases; because my mind was on scientific topics I wondered would it not be cool to be able to recreate a dinosour. So I prayed and asked if I could create one. The Word "bood" entered my mind, I had no idea what the word ment so I looked it up on the Internet and I found it was a word used by a tribal group in asia to gently and with knidness say no. So I knew God was saying no.

Wow, you know a straightforward NO would have been a heck of a lot easier don't you think? Again, it proves nothing.

(October 29, 2008 at 10:29 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: Witness 4
=======
One day I saw to mormons walking into our neibour hood, I knew ther faith was not a real sort, that it was based upon error.

Ah, No true Scotsman.

(October 29, 2008 at 10:29 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: I went up to them and confronted them and told them how in that neibour hood I had prayed for and healed a woman of a back complaint and they should listen to me. One was german, so I thought would it not be cool to speak in toungues to them. So I tried but it did not work. So I just kept saying ASK God to show you the trusth, pray and ask. Latter that night I was lying in bed and thought "what a goose I just made of my self" Then I heard the word "bitten" being spoken to me and I felt a hand touch me and say I love you. The voice said "tell them bitten". I was afraid so did not do it, I thought what does that mean it sounds like being bitten by a dog. Some time, probably a year a least I looked it up in a german dictionary I came accross, bitten meant to ask, plead, emplore, or pray. So I knew God was just wanting to back up what I had said about "Ask", Ask God. I emplore you reading this too to ask God to reveal him self to you in a real way.

I happen to speak German.

Bitte (without the N, Bitten is just plural) also means, your welcome, its all right, Suit yourself, pardon?, and petition. Any american movie were a person or group speaks German that word is bound to show up, it could be remembered subconsciously and when someone plays the conversation to the German back in their minds, German words heard before can pop back in their minds. It is just as plausible if not more plausible than your explanation. Again just like all the other "evidence" it is al very circumstantial and proves nothing. It requires a mindset prone to faith to even consider such a thing as evidence.

a priest went on television before the democratic convention and said "It would be terrific if we prayed for rain so this convention will be a bust". Nothing happened. A week later the republikan convention was held and the first day was cancelled because a hurricane hit the country. Does that prove that god loves Democrats? Of course not.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Messages In This Thread
Not taking any more BS. - by Edwardo Piet - October 28, 2008 at 9:56 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Jason Jarred - October 28, 2008 at 10:37 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Edwardo Piet - October 28, 2008 at 11:19 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Jason Jarred - October 28, 2008 at 11:41 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Edwardo Piet - October 29, 2008 at 12:29 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by FutureAndAHope - October 29, 2008 at 10:29 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Edwardo Piet - October 29, 2008 at 10:48 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by FutureAndAHope - October 29, 2008 at 11:02 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Edwardo Piet - October 29, 2008 at 11:25 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Jason Jarred - October 30, 2008 at 2:20 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Ace Otana - October 30, 2008 at 8:36 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by leo-rcc - October 30, 2008 at 8:27 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by FutureAndAHope - October 30, 2008 at 12:56 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by FutureAndAHope - October 30, 2008 at 4:18 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Jason Jarred - October 30, 2008 at 7:27 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Edwardo Piet - October 30, 2008 at 7:06 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Jason Jarred - October 30, 2008 at 11:09 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Spashie - October 31, 2008 at 6:48 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by FutureAndAHope - October 31, 2008 at 7:00 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Edwardo Piet - October 31, 2008 at 7:29 am
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Meatball - October 31, 2008 at 7:07 pm
RE: Not taking any more BS. - by Edwardo Piet - October 31, 2008 at 11:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is our universe more complex than a t-shirt or not? ReptilianPeon 17 3782 September 27, 2016 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  is collective prayer any more effective? ReptilianPeon 65 8646 June 14, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  The more you attend Church, the more likely you are so support Torture. CapnAwesome 111 16312 December 23, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  is it okay if im a theist but not any religions? leodeo 10 3203 November 20, 2013 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Religion 'Cause Of Evil Not Force For Good' More Young People Believe downbeatplumb 3 2394 June 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why not more of us in Congress? Manowar 44 15407 July 17, 2012 at 5:06 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Any Text Claiming to be from God is Very Likely Not CHOOCHOO! 11 5026 April 1, 2010 at 10:41 am
Last Post: CHOOCHOO!