Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Shot to Death at Wisconsin Sikh Temple
RE: 7 Shot to Death at Wisconsin Sikh Temple
(August 8, 2012 at 4:37 am)CliveStaples Wrote:
(August 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I call partial bullshit on this. Right wing bigots still have a problem with any outsider. Sikhs don't represent the "media" threat they falsely see. It would not surprise me that the targets were mistaken for Muslims.

But asshole right wingers I seriously doubt would want a Sikh marrying into their family. Could you imagine Thanksgiving at a that mixed family? Do you really think that the asshole who did this would want a turban at.
his table?

Do you think the Chick Fil A owners would vote for a Sikh or want someone in their family marrying a Sikh?

Yeah, let's just lump everyone together! That's what a reasonable person does! Chick Fil A hates Sikhs!

I didn't say they hated Sikhs, anymore than when they say "we don't hate gays, we just prefer traditional biblical marriage" I am just saying they would publically say "we don't hate Sikhs, but we would prefer our Christian family members marry Christians" same back of the bus attitude. Push them far enough and what they claim is just a preference and their real bigotry will rear it's head.

If they are willing to treat gays as "separate but equal, what makes you think they'd support an inter religious marriage, not as individuals, but as a company. Now while many liberal theists and atheists don't care who you marry, this is not a liberal family so it is not a stretch to say that they would "prefer" that their own only marry other right wing Christians.

It is not a blanket statement because we are talking about a company with right wing leaning "biblical principles".

Do really think a company that promotes "biblical principles" really likes the ideal of inclusion and pluralism when they cant even extend that same right to gays?

We are not talking about all Christians, just this family. There are plenty of liberal Christians, and probably some economic right wing Christians who are social libertarians, this is not one of those families

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Shot to Death at Wisconsin Sikh Temple - by Annik - August 5, 2012 at 4:53 pm
RE: 7 Shot to Death at Wisconsin Sikh Temple - by Brian37 - August 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm
RE: 7 Shot to Death at Wisconsin Sikh Temple - by Brian37 - August 9, 2012 at 6:48 pm
RE: 7 Shot to Death at Wisconsin Sikh Temple - by padraic - August 7, 2012 at 11:44 pm
RE: 7 Shot to Death at Wisconsin Sikh Temple - by Cyberman - August 7, 2012 at 11:54 pm
RE: 7 Shot to Death at Wisconsin Sikh Temple - by padraic - August 8, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanic Temple Unveils Monument Design EgoRaptor 4 1895 January 13, 2014 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mormon temple garments Justtristo 9 5496 January 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  £16m Hindu temple opens in Wembley Welsh cake 17 11400 June 4, 2010 at 8:53 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko