Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
RE: What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
(January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm)AtlasS Wrote: That subliminal voice is exactly what I'm talking about. Even if it was occasional & quiet.
I may well be mad but not of the voice hearing variety.

(January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm)AtlasS Wrote: Christianity would repel anybody. But you just mentioned up there that you had thoughts, by saying (it's stupid) you're killing it.

Oh really?

[Image: rel_pie.gif]
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

(January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm)AtlasS Wrote: Why not try to say (what if) ? what if is always a good exercise for the mind.

I had mandatory religious education for 5 years at secondary school. I also took it as a subject for my final two years of school for my exams. (That meant double RE lessons some days) then took Philosophy and History of Religion for another 2 years alongside other subjects at college.

If there were a solid argument for god I think I may have heard it by now.

(January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm)AtlasS Wrote: lol, yeah it came up weird, let me explain.

Cool.

(January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm)AtlasS Wrote: You said the forgetting that acceptance is an idiotic thing. But it's the right thing to do, to know who is willing to believe & who isn't.

If people saw heaven, or angles, they would believe right away. That's not the goal.

Thats still pretty stupid. If I created a thing that had no way of knowing that I created it and then punished it for not know who I am or listening to my rules then that would make me a colossal prick.

(January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm)AtlasS Wrote: The goal is to conclude it by yourself. Reaching that conclusion means that you cared.

You cared to do the right thing, you cared to know if your existence has a goal or not.

So for me, it's not like a contract & a deal. I -personally- believe, because I care to know what the truth is.

Well your going about finding the truth out wrong. My first day at secondary school I walked into an RE class and saw a diagram like this:

[Image: faiths-300x300.png]

Although there were far more.

If there were really a god surely there would be a way to tell which religion is right or wrong. But there is not.

I therefore thing the most sensible conclusion to draw considering the lack of evidence for any religion is that they are wrong. I have never heard a convincing argument for the existence of god.

(January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm)AtlasS Wrote: If there is a god, who created me, then I would like to thank him for what he gave me, as simple as that.

Even if there were a god I'm certainly not sure if it would be worthy of my thanks.

(January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm)AtlasS Wrote: You were forced to forget that choice, in order to see what your action would be like.

Terrible idea. Considering a god should know what I am going to do before I do it then surely he should have ditched this daft amnesia deal. Otherwise god is to blame for putting me into a situation where I am an atheist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ? - by Nine - January 22, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3369 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 6137 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Can humans commit Shirk and Zina in Jannah? ReptilianPeon 14 5377 January 14, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How humans are "slaves", and how that leads to the existence of God. WinterHold 65 7191 November 4, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer