Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can humans commit Shirk and Zina in Jannah?
Can humans commit Shirk and Zina in Jannah?
Since we (supposedly) get everything we desire in Jannah, this goes to two wider points: Is there free will in Jannah? And can I commit sins in Jannah? Let's see how many more people from the Ummah I can entice 'from out of the woodwork'.

For example, if I have a desire for something that involves another human, does that other human have free will? If not, are they a robot?Would I still be married to the woman/women from my moral life in Jannah? If so, could I could commit Zina in heaven?

Quran 47:15 says: "(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?"

So it implies that Haram things are Halal in Jannah (because alcohol is allowed in Jannah).

And second, Shrik is unforgivable: Quran 4:48 "Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed."

So what if I wanted to commit Shirk in Jannah? I mean, I have an eternity. If not, then I don't have free will in heaven.

Is this too confusing for the Ummah to comprehend? You know, heaven in complicated in any religion which uses carrot and stick motivation. Rather than threats, the better morality is to tell someone why what they are doing is wrong, which is why I never understood why pork is Haram. The Egyptian government took away the pigs from the Zabaleen one year, and there was chaos on the streets.

RE: Can humans commit Shirk and Zina in Jannah?
The government confiscated all the bacon?  Hell, now -I'm- just about ready to dust off my keffiyeh and grab my rifle.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 12, 2016 at 6:44 pm)Rhythm Wrote: The government confiscated all the bacon?  Hell, now -I'm- just about ready to dust off my keffiyeh and grab my rifle.

Well yeah, it was done under the guise of swine flu. But we all know that's bolony (or at least we should do). The Zabaleen are poor, oppressed, people who live off of the rubbish collection that they do in urban areas in Egypt, and pigs are an important part of their recycling process.

I don't think you would be considered amongst the "righteous who go to paradise" with such a mentality. In other words, you must despise Shirk and refuse it as a concept if you ever want to be resident of the garden.

Also, alcohol is not "Haram" unless you are a Sunni/Shia. The Quran directly asked us to avoid it (along with gambling), and mentioned the reason (i.e so we don't fight together), since gambling & alcohol are a recipe for trouble.

It's even considered as a sign from God :

(Sura 16 Verse 67 ) And from the fruits of the palm trees and grapevines you take intoxicant and good provision. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who reason.

So I guess it's a sign for those who reason. A sign, that should be avoided. I think all of us know that alcohol is indeed a poison, and is indeed capable of causing trouble, and of course of course must be consumed moderately, if not avoided at all in situations like driving.
your asking about a life that is outside of this life

the next life isnt like this life, it runs differently, it works differently

you cant reason about the next life using the standards of this life for both heaven and hell

in Hell people will be punished in a multidimensional/concurrent format

so they will be in a pot boiling and they will also be on the ground being crushed by rocks and experiencing many other fears/tortures simulatenously in multitude of bodies all linked to one perception

everything will be compounded

but that might not apply to all inhabitants of Hell, because the formula is you get punished for your sins and evil and each sin and evil results in a certain kind of punishment

a thief wont be punished for being a murderer and a murderer wont be punished for being a thief, but one who has committed both will be punished for both etc

God can connect your soul to thousands of bodies and have you experience each of those bodies simultaneously without any confusion and conflicts of perception

this life is the lowest and most basic form of life, so we are used to its limitations , we are very limited what we can do here, if we wished to fly we cant, we are constricted to physical laws such as gravity etc

in the other life these constrictions dont exist

you can be eating 100 different foods at the same time, you can be at 100 different places at the same time experiencing each and every one of those bodies

you can be deep in thought but at the same time doing something that is thoughtless and purely based on instinct

so punishment will be as the Quran described "Neither the Heavens nor earth can bear"

same with Heaven , limitations dont exist unless you want them to exist , you can be a bird flying you can be a fish swimming and whatever else etc

in Hell is also described that pain is never ending and constant, when one layer of skin burns off God creates another one and continues the intensity of the pain

one thing that the people of hell will be begging for is to die permanently and go into inexistence but God promises them that they will continue to exist for eternity

which is a VERY huge penalty to pay for such a short time of actions done in this life of 70-80 years

some people will get out of hell after millions of years when they have paid for all their crimes

other people will never get out of hell

so we are talking about something that is not bound by this life with al of its limitations, so the same rules dont apply

somebody asked the Prophet(PBUH) , what about if people wanted to have children in the afterlife, will it be done like here , and he said no if somebody wants a child God will create a child the way he created Adam(PBUH) from dust , but consuming and reproduction in the classical sense we are used to here will not happen

although people will have sexual relations without for pleasure , but birth and pregnancy will not happen because they are both a burden for the mother and in Heaven there is n more pain and suffering
Also about your original question, simple answer is no

when Prophet Muhmmad(PBUH) visited Heaven and Hell and spoke to God, he was firstly told by the angels when speaking to them that between God and us there exists 90,000 veils (things that God has hidden from our souls) and these veils is what leads us in the dark and we come to the conclusion such as the ones you guys come to conclusion of i.e Atheism

some of these veils are there pre birth, and some we put on ourself throughout life by doing sin and ignoring our duties towards others and God , however they are not constant and can be removed through prayers an worship and doing good and even suffering

but when we die the veils are lifted and the perception becomes sharpened which is written in the Quran and all truth is made manifest and all knowledge is made obvious and accessible

so everyone will know everything about not just God but about ourselves also

i was watching a video on youtube about a woman who died and visited teh afterlife and came back to tell the tale and she confirmed this fact

she said i would look at another person and i knew everything about them as if i was with them in every step of their life , same goes for other things she could look at something and its knowledge became instantly obvious as if it was beamed into her

so things like arguments about God, thoughts etc will all be brought to an end when al knowledge will be made available to everyone about God and the universe and all

so there wont be any arguments not evil because everyone will see evil for what it is and goodness for what it is

actually there s a hadith which says that when God created Heaven and Hell and asked the angels what do they think about it

they answered after looking at Hell "nobody would want to go here it is horrible..." and after looking at Heaven they were over joyed and sia d"Everyone wil desire to go here"

but then God created a veil which he put over both and asked them again to look at both, and they said with concern

"Nobody will be able to avoid Hell" and "Nobody will desire to go to Heaven now" after looking at it and its traps and perception

but when the test here is over, and we die, thos eveils are lifted and truth is manifest for what it is, as well as Haven and as well as Hell

on the same note Prophet Muhammd(PBUH) said about the same thing

"The path to Heaven is covered by fears and pain and suffering trials and tribulations and the path to Hell is covered by ease and pleasures and enjoyment"

which is obviously the test of this life
here is the video reference of the woman who died and went to the afterlife and how she described having been able to access all knowledge about people etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGQDkCi-OIY
(January 13, 2016 at 4:08 am)yukapuka Wrote: here is the video reference of the woman who died and went to the afterlife and how she described having been able to access all knowledge about people etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGQDkCi-OIY

So you think that if your soul sees something it gets somehow imprinted to your brain on earth so you can remember it later? So if we take a dead person's brain and monitor can we see new information coming in?

Or do you believe memories are printed and read from the soul in which case Alzheimer patients have no soul.
memories are in the soul 100% , but they can get transferred to the brain and stored there

the soul is the operator , the brain like every other limb and organ is just the tools

because somebody once said to me something very interesting

the brain acts as the medium, but what decides which decision the brain takes?

that free will as you may call it

we are not robots following a script or react upon some predefined perception ,we have a choice, each time we can do something different even imagine what doesnt exist, do whatever we want

just right now as you look out of your eyes, what is that perceiving everything that is being seeing and making decision?

that very same thing can decide to tell your body to stand up to shout to move to run to do whatever you command it

and in the case of alzheimers , that could be a brain malfunction, the soul might still have a will to do things , but the brain and soul might have lost contact because the brain/tool is malfunctioning

in the Quran there is a verse that says "Do not destroy yourself with your own hands" so obviously its making a distinction between body and soul and how the body can destroy the body

according to the Quran the soul is made up of three parts

Aql(which is like the decision/reasoning part) Nafs(the animal nature to eat, get angry , mate etc primal instincts) and the heart(which is a container for the state of being it is this part that gets corrupted or purified good etc and according to the Quran it is this part that goes blind and deaf "It is not the eye that go blind rather it is the heart") and the three make up the soul , and when a person dies these things go with his soul to the next life, the heart will be the part that gets judged based upon how pure (light) it is or how evil(dark) it is, i,e sin darkens the heart and makes it to cover with veils(there are 90,000 veils between us and God) the purer the heart the more perception of God , the darker the heart the more blindness to God
AtlasS33, I do think that it's silly to ban alcohol (so Sunni and Shia are wrong on this), especially considering it can be used to generate electricity (helping to replace fossil fuels). Not to mention, the war against illegal drugs is a failure. Add alcohol to the list of illegal drugs and more people die than if alcohol was legal (like with abortion).

yukapuka, why are you showing us Christian videos? Pat Robertson is a noob. And I'm pretty sure that, as a Southern Baptist, he probably hates you, as much as he does me, because we're not Christians. I remember there was this young American boy who claimed he visited heaven and it turned out he was lying all along.

Since you like videos, yukapuka, how about this one:

Split brain with one half Atheist and one half Theist
Neurologist VS Ramachandran explains the case of split-brain patients with one hemisphere without a belief in a god, and the other with a belief in a god. (Clip taken from talk at 2006 Beyond Belief Conference, link below)

To quote VS Ramachandran: "Does one hemisphere go to heaven and the other to hell?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJPtVRlI64

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 5791 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  How humans are "slaves", and how that leads to the existence of God. WinterHold 65 6694 November 4, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  You can take a trip in space, to do Shirk! Ksa 0 908 December 13, 2013 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ? WinterHold 104 25386 January 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Cyberman