Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 4:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
RE: What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
(January 23, 2013 at 6:25 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
AtlasS Wrote:I guess if all humans believed they are equal & week, then most our problems would simply vanish.

Not if our reaction to that is 'let's rely on god'.

If our reaction is 'let's try to become stronger' as a species, which would require the rejection of religious and national and all other artificial divisions, and attack our problems with reason and science instead of faith and superstition, our problems then might begin to be solved.

Building the land you live at came as a demand in Islam, I'm not calling for hippie like lifestyle, it's the same work & effort to become better, but while not forgetting the fact that we're not that perfect.

People with different religions CAN live together, most problems were not caused by religion only, but deep cultural & racism issues were always there, war history proves that.

But all those foul motives are caused by the idea of "Meh, I'm stronger than anybody else ! why wouldn't I go kick some other savage ass & take some extra land & women " ?

A world of atheists in my opinion is the upcoming apocalypse . Using atomic weapons is easier when there's no after life.

(January 23, 2013 at 3:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 23, 2013 at 1:23 pm)AtlasS Wrote: If it isn't, and evolution is almost the main argument about creation, then can you explain to me why evolution happened, or why the big bang happened ?

the 0.00000000000000001 possibility that it might happen ??

Please clarify this, because not knowing still does not constitute clinging to myth or superstition.

We have knowledge about what the processes of evolution are. We also know scientifically what the past history of the universe was.

The unknowns in science would not and do not and should not cause anyone to go "GOTCHA SO THEREFORE MY FANTASY FILLS IN THAT GAP".

Humans are extremely uncomfortable with "all this" merely being a process, like seasons changing so they project human qualities on the world around them. There is a word for that "anthropomorphism".

Sorry there, I didn't see the comment earlier : )
umm, the guy in the wheel chair, dawkins I guess ? forgot the name, but he's really sick & paralyzed.

He had that documentary, about the cosmos & the big bang, (intro comes in with a creepy voice), I still remember accurately that he said, the big bang was caused by an odd,and he gave the percentage of that odd to happen, it was point 0 something, a really small number.

I'll check it out & quote.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ? - by WinterHold - January 23, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3308 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 6134 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Can humans commit Shirk and Zina in Jannah? ReptilianPeon 14 5367 January 14, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How humans are "slaves", and how that leads to the existence of God. WinterHold 65 7140 November 4, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer